Greetings

Introduce yourself here.
acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Greetings

Postby acrook » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello my name is Aaron Crook, I know a couple people in the 501st, and a few in the Mandalorian Mercs. I have been interested in joining one or the other for a while. Then I went and visited my little sister in the hospital and a bunch of people from the 501st and Rebel Legions were there visiting the kids. I didnt get names but they came back up to her room after they visited the other kids to meet me. After their enthusiasm at my choice I am officially going to be building and applying as a Galactic Marine. I will be sure to keep everyone as up to date as I can and pick brains for help! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

User avatar
Ripcode
Garrison XO
Garrison XO
Posts: 5271
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:12 pm
Legion ID: 9296
Location: Muskegon, MI

Re: Greetings

Postby Ripcode » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:28 am

Welcome to our forum Aaron!

Good luck with your costume build! We look forward to you joining us soon! :D
Image

User avatar
Mix
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:21 pm
Legion ID: 65041
Location: Bespin

Re: Greetings

Postby Mix » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:48 am

Welcome!
MMCC #1419, BH/TI-65041

User avatar
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Legion ID: 7859
Location: Cottrellville, MI USA
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby DeafTrooper » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:21 am

Welcome! You will want to sign up for the Blizzard Force detachment. You will be able to learn how to make your GM there.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

Zarlon
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:17 am
Legion ID: 26113
Location: Westland MI

Re: Greetings

Postby Zarlon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:00 am

Welcome!
Image

acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby acrook » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:54 am

DeafTrooper wrote:Welcome! You will want to sign up for the Blizzard Force detachment. You will be able to learn how to make your GM there.
I did find the requirements for it but ill go and sign up over there too.

User avatar
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Legion ID: 7859
Location: Cottrellville, MI USA
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby DeafTrooper » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 am

acrook wrote: I did find the requirements for it but ill go and sign up over there too.


Anything you need to buy can be found there, along with the info on how to put it all together.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby acrook » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:37 pm

So got a slight issue...... I made the account never got the activation email and I got no way to get ahold of the board admins.

Zark
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:35 pm
Legion ID: 15255
Location: Kentwood, Michigan

Re: Greetings

Postby Zark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

DeafTrooper wrote:
acrook wrote: I did find the requirements for it but ill go and sign up over there too.


Anything you need to buy can be found there, along with the info on how to put it all together.


Actually the GM section is pretty dead vendor wise

For Galactic Marine armor you want to search for MonCal, he is pretty much the only armor maker at this time, I know there is another Maker but he is redoing his molds.
Image

User avatar
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Legion ID: 7859
Location: Cottrellville, MI USA
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby DeafTrooper » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Thought I heard that Heatshock did them too?
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby acrook » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:04 pm

I did find this one http://starfortressproductions.net/swar ... rines.html . I already have the helmet though I still need to put it together, paint it and all that, which I wouldn't mind jave some assistance with seeing as how I have always made previous costumes from fiberglass and cardstock (which turned out pretty good). This is a little more out of my scope of knowlage.

Zark
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:35 pm
Legion ID: 15255
Location: Kentwood, Michigan

Re: Greetings

Postby Zark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 pm

DeafTrooper wrote:Thought I heard that Heatshock did them too?


He is the one re-doing his molds
Image

Zark
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Posts: 640
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:35 pm
Legion ID: 15255
Location: Kentwood, Michigan

Re: Greetings

Postby Zark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 pm

acrook wrote:I did find this one http://starfortressproductions.net/swar ... rines.html . I already have the helmet though I still need to put it together, paint it and all that, which I wouldn't mind jave some assistance with seeing as how I have always made previous costumes from fiberglass and cardstock (which turned out pretty good). This is a little more out of my scope of knowlage.


Do not buy from them...

Got any photos of your helmet?
Image

User avatar
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Legion ID: 7859
Location: Cottrellville, MI USA
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby DeafTrooper » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:07 am

acrook wrote:I did find this one http://starfortressproductions.net/swar ... rines.html . I already have the helmet though I still need to put it together, paint it and all that, which I wouldn't mind jave some assistance with seeing as how I have always made previous costumes from fiberglass and cardstock (which turned out pretty good). This is a little more out of my scope of knowlage.


Stay far away!!! He is a wanted fugitive who fled the country to avoid prison. He also sells under the names:
Warp Costume Gallery
Nexus
Thor's Hobbies and Costumes
Galaxy Art Studios
Warrior Princess Studio
and a bunch of other names that I can't remember at the moment.
Last edited by DeafTrooper on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

User avatar
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Posts: 1603
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Legion ID: 7859
Location: Cottrellville, MI USA
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby DeafTrooper » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 am

[Double post deleted].
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby acrook » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Got it thanks, and I have to take some photos of it but ill post it in a bit.

acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby acrook » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Heres the helmet. Needs some work like I said and I want to replace what was sent with it for the duracloth
Attachments
20181006_133021.jpg
20181006_133021.jpg (4.44 MiB) Viewed 866 times
20181006_133109.jpg
20181006_133109.jpg (4.13 MiB) Viewed 866 times

acrook
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby acrook » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:03 pm

So I found some pepakura files, which is how I made armor previously, so I'm going to star making some of the parts with that and see how it goes.

User avatar
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm
Legion ID: 76239
Location: West Bloomfield MI
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby ShermiesRule » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Hello there!

GM is an ambitious costume for a first one. Good luck.
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper

Facebook- Alan Tk-76239

User avatar
jeniwan
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:20 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Contact:

Re: Greetings

Postby jeniwan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 pm

acrook wrote:Hello my name is Aaron Crook, I know a couple people in the 501st, and a few in the Mandalorian Mercs. I have been interested in joining one or the other for a while. Then I went and visited my little sister in the hospital and a bunch of people from the 501st and Rebel Legions were there visiting the kids. I didnt get names but they came back up to her room after they visited the other kids to meet me. After their enthusiasm at my choice I am officially going to be building and applying as a Galactic Marine. I will be sure to keep everyone as up to date as I can and pick brains for help! Looking forward to meeting everyone.


Hey Aaron, nice to "meet" you again here and glad you found us! I'm Jenna and I was Rey in the group who visited with your family last month. I'm excited to hear that you're working on your costume. Hope to troop with you soon!


Return to “The Welcome Mat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Herbie and 3 guests