Hello from Paw Paw, Michigan

Introduce yourself here.
AOD417

Hello from Paw Paw, Michigan

Postby AOD417 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am

Hello Everyone.
My Names Roy, I live in Paw Paw, Michigan and a huge Star Wars Fan

The reason for joining is one of my dreams is to become a member of the brotherhood (501st). My initial goal was to go all in as a TK, but just afraid of doing it. I guess let me explain that, im 6' 5" and about 305 pounds (pony Keg front LOL). I dont want to look like peter griffin in a stormtrooper disguise. So im doing the research now on what TK uniforms will fit my height and weight. Right now, im leaning on starting a Imperial Officer uniform next year , just to get a year under my belt, and learn from the pros before i go all in on the Tk Uniform. I just dont want to be the only Jabba on the 501st. :)

Im looking forward to working with everyone here, and the IOC that im registered as well, and learn from the pros. and if you ever need help, im a noob, but always willing to help out

Have fun everyone.

Zarlon
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
Legion ID: 26113

Re: Hello from Paw Paw, Michigan

Postby Zarlon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 am

Hello and welcome to the GLG!

If your going for a TK then definitely check out the FISD over at whitearmor.net if you haven't been there already. If you're not totally married to the TK, I have a couple of alternate suggestions for you:

TS (Snowtrooper) - This costume is very good for larger troopers because it's more comfortable and still looks really good if you are a larger person.

TI (TIE Pilot) - I recommend this one because it looks cool, and you can build it in stages allowing you to get approved faster. You can start off with a TIE Pilot reserve to get approved and then move over to a full TIE Pilot when time and money allows. You would also then have two different approved costumes.

Hope this helps in your decision. Either way, it should be a fun journey.

DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Hello from Paw Paw, Michigan

Postby DeafTrooper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 am

There are some vendors who make TK armor for bigger people. AM2 and RT-Mod are the ones that I often hear of. Not sure if they will fit someone of your size, but it might be worth it looking in to.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!

Return to “The Welcome Mat”