Motor City Comic Con

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Talon Ren
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 am

Motor City Comic Con

Postby Talon Ren » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:37 am

Who will be attending Motor City Comic Con next month? I'm in the final stretch to get my Kylo ready in time. Looking forward to meeting some of you. :)

User avatar
R4ZORBL4DE
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 am
Legion ID: 21926
Location: Shelby Township
Contact:

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby R4ZORBL4DE » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:18 am

Talon Ren wrote:Who will be attending Motor City Comic Con next month? I'm in the final stretch to get my Kylo ready in time. Looking forward to meeting some of you. :)


There will be a good amount of us there ... somewhere around 60-ish of us.

:D
R4ZORBL4DE

TK/TS-21926
501st Legion
Thunder Snow Assault Squad

Talon Ren
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 am

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Talon Ren » Tue May 03, 2016 12:53 am

I'm cutting it close but I should have everything ready. :)

Talon Ren
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 am

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Talon Ren » Sat May 06, 2017 11:39 pm

I didn't end up making it last year but I have everything sorted for this year. Who's going?

User avatar
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Posts: 3476
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 1:38 am
Legion ID: 0542
Location: East Lansing, MI

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Mr Fett » Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Probably half the garrison will be there.

Cheshire Cat
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 am

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Cheshire Cat » Fri May 12, 2017 3:19 am

Darth Revan and Darth Nihilus will be there! Hope to meet you all!

Talon Ren
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 am

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Talon Ren » Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 pm

Sounds cool! This will be my first event and I'm glad it's supposed to be relatively cool on Friday.

I have a question... What does everyone do with their non-kit gear, such as things for wardrobe malfunctions, etc? I'm coming alone and don't really want to carry a bag around all day. I don't want to have to run out to my car if I don't have to. Ya know?

User avatar
Mowskwoz
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
Posts: 3088
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:53 pm
Legion ID: 7794
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Mowskwoz » Wed May 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Talon Ren wrote:Sounds cool! This will be my first event and I'm glad it's supposed to be relatively cool on Friday.

I have a question... What does everyone do with their non-kit gear, such as things for wardrobe malfunctions, etc? I'm coming alone and don't really want to carry a bag around all day. I don't want to have to run out to my car if I don't have to. Ya know?


There's good news and bad news.

Bad News - Members have a changing area to store their costume and gear. Since you are not currently a member, you will probably need to run back and forth to your vehicle.

Good News - It sounds like you have a complete costume. If it is up to standards, apply for membership with the Legion. If we can get you through the process in the next couple days(no promises), you could end up with approval and access to our area. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-Current
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder

Talon Ren
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 am

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Talon Ren » Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 am

Mowskwoz wrote:
There's good news and bad news.

Bad News - Members have a changing area to store their costume and gear. Since you are not currently a member, you will probably need to run back and forth to your vehicle.

Good News - It sounds like you have a complete costume. If it is up to standards, apply for membership with the Legion. If we can get you through the process in the next couple days(no promises), you could end up with approval and access to our area. :thumbs:

Who do I contact to start the process? It's been a while since I looked into it.

User avatar
GingerSnap
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 1777
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 10:06 pm
Legion ID: 31694
Location: Lothal
Contact:

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby GingerSnap » Thu May 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Rebel Legion Legion Public Relations Officer
DS 31694
The Flagship Eclipse Detachment Public Relations Officer
501st Social Media Planning Team
"I don't fear you".~Ezra

https://www.facebook.com/GingerSnap-Cosplay-870628402952705/timeline/

Talon Ren
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:39 am

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Talon Ren » Thu May 18, 2017 9:08 pm

GingerSnap wrote:http://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php

OK, I did that. :)

User avatar
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm
Legion ID: 76239
Location: West Bloomfield MI

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby ShermiesRule » Sun May 21, 2017 5:52 pm

I went to Motor City as an Imperial Officer independent of 501st as I have not submitted my uniform yet. I did go and speak directly to the GML who gave my uniform a once over and said it was good to go. I mixed it up with members of the 501st. People didn't know and it was loads of fun. Can't wait to get my approval.

I literally just sent my application and forwarded my pics to the GML 10 minutes ago.

I also have a OTTK 99% done that I will finish and submit very soon. The TKs get a lot of request for pics. No one wants pics of management!
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.

ShermiesRule- Alan Tong
Imperial Staff Officer ID76239
Imperial Stormtrooper TK76239

User avatar
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 10:47 pm
Legion ID: 48169

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby Skykat » Mon May 22, 2017 10:31 pm

ShermiesRule wrote:I went to Motor City as an Imperial Officer independent of 501st as I have not submitted my uniform yet. I did go and speak directly to the GML who gave my uniform a once over and said it was good to go. I mixed it up with members of the 501st. People didn't know and it was loads of fun. Can't wait to get my approval.

I literally just sent my application and forwarded my pics to the GML 10 minutes ago.

I also have a OTTK 99% done that I will finish and submit very soon. The TKs get a lot of request for pics. No one wants pics of management!



While we may not get the most requests for pictures, we can interact more with the kids and we don't scare them as much as the TKs do! We do't make them cry! LOL
Image

fragarock
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby fragarock » Wed May 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have photos from the Comicon last weekend? I have a few from Friday that I could post and it would be great to see what went on the other days. Is there a place we would normally post hpotos?

User avatar
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Posts: 1454
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm
Legion ID: 7859
Location: Cottrellville, MI USA
Contact:

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Postby DeafTrooper » Wed May 24, 2017 7:28 pm

fragarock wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have photos from the Comicon last weekend? I have a few from Friday that I could post and it would be great to see what went on the other days. Is there a place we would normally post hpotos?


Most people just post the pics on their facebook pages.
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have coooookies!


Return to “Open Channel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests