Found the armor I want! But..

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
BRYZORD

Found the armor I want! But..

Post by BRYZORD »

But...They are selling it and I have to wait till after May 1st. He is selling his ANH TK armor for $1500 and I am not sure if it would be a good buy or not. Pretty much everything is done, comes with e-11 blaster, helmet needs some padding on the inside and the armor needs only a few straps and the costume needs the neck seal and body suit.
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Re: Found the armor I want! But..

Post by Flash »

That seems a little high. Do you have pictures or a link where you found it?
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Also who is the maker of the kit?
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

He may be referring to this one:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/2 ... firm-e-11/

Can buy until May 1st? More armor sets will come up in between now and then. Always do. Just keep watching that FISD message board. :wink:
BRYZORD

Post by BRYZORD »

That is the exact set. He said he "Won't be selling it right away, dont you worry about that." and that he put over $2000 into it.
I was told that a regular price for a Stormtrooper would be $500 at least. Should I wait and ask if he can lower the price down when the time comes where i can buy if he is still selling or wait for other kits?
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

The boots run around $75-85, and do you wear a size 8, cause that’s what he has? The Hyperfirm blasters cost $200-250, depending what time of year you buy them. So broken down, the guy is charging roughly $1,200 for just the AP armor. Now, I don’t know how much AP armor normally costs, so maybe he’s right on with cost and maybe he’s off….but he did say that the helmet came assembled and he trimmed all the other armor pieces out already and ready to glue together, so that’s a decent amount of labor time he spent doing all that.
oldscool
Garrison Membership Liaison
Legion ID: 3849

Post by oldscool »

You can pic up a set of NE armor right now for like 500 right now (I think he still has sets left) you would have to start from scratch. But it's a lot cheaper.
Craig Hobbs
TK-TK-TS-DZ-3849
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Terrell78 »

AP armor is around $900.

Also a heads up with NE armor, it's smaller in the torso than AP, ATA, TM, etc... so take your size into consideration when armor shopping.
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

Nothing beats doing it yourself. It's fun, you will feel proud to wear it, and it fits perfectly.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
oldscool
Legion ID: 3849

Post by oldscool »

And e6000
Craig Hobbs
TK-TK-TS-DZ-3849
BRYZORD

Post by BRYZORD »

I think I would have to buy a separate set of boots because my shoe size is size 12. I also asked him if the height would be the same, I believe I am 5ft 9in to 5ft 10in. He also said it should fit perfectly because it was just a little big on him and he is 5ft 8in. So I am guessing this armor would be perfect for me, I just have to wait until later, if its still available, or if something better comes along. Need the $ for tuition and to focus on college until the semester is over of course.

Now quick question: are you forever known by, say your first costume is a clone trooper costume, are you forever TC ##### or does it just go by what your main costume is or whatever you are wearing?
Muppet-Trooper
Garrison Charity Rep
Garrison Charity Rep
Legion ID: 6778

Post by Muppet-Trooper »

Just take your time, and research, research and research.

Mine is AP armor, but would recommend ATA armor too. :thumbs:

I highly recommend assembling your own armor, at the end of the day you're the one that's going to be wearing it!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1 ... find-them/

Regarding the numbering, you choose your five (was previously four) digit Legion number, then the prefix denotes your costume. Eg I am 6778 (TK6778 Stormtrooper and TS6778 Snowtrooper)
Derek Lane-Waters
“Muppet-Trooper”
TK/TS/TD/DZ/IC/ID/TI6778
GLG & GLB Charity Rep
BRYZORD

Post by BRYZORD »

I really do want to make my own armor but with having college work, a son, and work itself, I won't have much time to work on it. Would it cost less if I just bought the kit to make my own? I don't really know how much.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

BRYZORD wrote:I really do want to make my own armor but with having college work, a son, and work itself, I won't have much time to work on it. Would it cost less if I just bought the kit to make my own? I don't really know how much.
Most of us didn't really know how when we first started either. We all learned as we went along. As Muppet said above, just take your time and research.
CT/ID-7859
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Terrell78 »

BRYZORD wrote:I really do want to make my own armor but with having college work, a son, and work itself, I won't have much time to work on it. Would it cost less if I just bought the kit to make my own? I don't really know how much.
What everyone meant was to build your own kit instead of buying one made to fit someone else. There are only a handful of armor makers out there, so you are not expected to "make" the armor.
DarthKnight
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 87769

Post by DarthKnight »

Building an NE armor kit right now. Second TK build.Also helped my buddy build his NE kit. The NE kit is so well trimmed and such nice armor. I build with Zap-a-Gap glue and kicker which makes the build fast and easy. It so rewarding to build your own. If you can ever make down my way, I can help with your build. There are also some great YouTube vids from trooper bay to help show building TK's.
You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side!