NCS Photog?

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
SMRozPhotog

NCS Photog?

Post by SMRozPhotog »

So I have worked with your group on 2 events and have fallen head over heals with taking pictures of everything you do. I have read all the R&R on the main 501 page as well as your info here. I cannot find out where and how to become official NCS. I was wondering if you would have room for NCS Photographer? Granted I would be willing to help any other time needed. I know that my past 2 events wouldn't count (I read the forum on the matter) but will be shooting the GRG game on the 8th.

I would someday like to get into making a costume but lets be honest costume building taps into all of my weaknesses.

I request a direct or deny.

Thank you again! (Pictures of Leclair benefit coming soon)
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Re: NCS Photog?

Post by Flash »

NCS stands for Non Costumed Support. You can volunteer for any event as NCS as long as there is room. Usually we don't have enough. Just talk to the individual Event Coordinator of any event and let them know you're interested in helping out at their event.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
SMRozPhotog

Post by SMRozPhotog »

Yup I read and understood what it was. I didn't know if it was an official title. I read a past forum where a guy wanted to be NCS but it was stated that until he was registered(?) (trying to remember the way it was put) that the time didn' count.

So from the message above essentially keep doing what I am doing sounds about right.

Thank you!
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

SMRozPhotog wrote:Yup I read and understood what it was. I didn't know if it was an official title. I read a past forum where a guy wanted to be NCS but it was stated that until he was registered(?) (trying to remember the way it was put) that the time didn' count.

So from the message above essentially keep doing what I am doing sounds about right.

Thank you!
Correct. What you probably read is someone who completed a costume and wanted troop credit for the times they were a NCS. The Legion requires that we troop at least once a year to become active.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
SMRozPhotog

Post by SMRozPhotog »

Thank you. What you said sounds very familiar (I am a night owl and was reading at 1am).

I would rather ask a dumb question and get and answer than to wonder. I have actually read all the policies and procedures to make sure when I post photos they uphold your standards. I would love to costume someday but I need to do a vast amount of research!

Thank you again!
Husky
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52105

Post by Husky »

I told my wife about you, and I sure she will be stalking you at the events.
Kevin Johnson

SMRozPhotog

Post by SMRozPhotog »

She is more than welcome! If she has any questions about photography she tell to to ask. I also host a monthly photography club in my studio that she is more than welcome to come to (granted I know its an hour long drive)