A question regarding non approved costumes at events

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

A question regarding non approved costumes at events

Post by Johnny »

Hello. I am getting close to submitting my costume for approval, but I am still touching up things to be perfect. There is a 501st event within walking distance from my home this weekend in Mt. Pleasant. If able, I would like to attend for a short while to give my costume a trial run. Since it is a rebel costume, I asked within their forum about proper protocol attending events without an approved costume and was informed that is done on a case by base basis, and to ask permission (possibly submitting photos of said costume as well) from a captain or coordinator for the event. Since this event seems to be exclusive to the 501st I'm not even sure I should show up at all as "rebel scum". Sorry for my ignorance but can anyone give me any advice? Thanks!
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: A question regarding non approved costumes at events

Post by Crimson »

PM Dankelzaga, as he's leading the charge on this event (assuming you're referring to FCBD).

For the smaller events, it tends not to be as big a deal, but it's still just polite to give a heads-up first. For the big events, like the sporting events, much more formal approval is required because the event host needs firm numbers to account for space and such, AND because of the high visibility of those events, poor costumes reflect poorly on both 501st and RL.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Re: A question regarding non approved costumes at events

Post by Lumpy »

He's asking to come in a RL costume, so he needs the OK from the appropriate state captain (either Dave Sage or Kevin Johnson).