Downtown Photoshoot

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
smscott138

Downtown Photoshoot

Post by smscott138 »

Earlier this summer I started a project involving shooting icons (star wars/predator/ amongst others) in various areas of Detroit, some historic/famous others just really unique spaces to create a scene. It has been a great experience so far and I am looking to continue shooting (weather permitting) every Sunday morning until it is too cold.

The shoots are set-up/based on the availability of the players/characters, I have a long list of locations but not that long of a list of available players/characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yJ1AJbKIl0]

I am looking to take this up a notch with larger shoots and more people, please comment if you'd be interested in getting involved-
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Re: Downtown Photoshoot

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

I worked with Shawn this last weekend at the old train station in Detroit along with Mike and Kevin. He is a real pro with good ideas and his shots are very cool... Would work with him again, weather permitting of course.
smscott138

Post by smscott138 »

Thanks Dave, it's pretty much a race against the cold at this point.

You can see more of my work here, including a few personal pics from last Sunday-

https://www.facebook.com/emediatephoto? ... page_panel
Muppet-Trooper
Garrison Charity Rep
Garrison Charity Rep
Legion ID: 6778

Post by Muppet-Trooper »

smscott138 wrote:Thanks Dave, it's pretty much a race against the cold at this point.
Snowtroopers like the cold, and we are never camera shy :thumbs:
Derek Lane-Waters
“Muppet-Trooper”
TK/TS/TD/DZ/IC/ID/TI6778
GLG & GLB Charity Rep
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

I just wanted to say that Shawn is about as professional as they come. He is concerned with our safety and willing to listen to ideas as well. I had a great time doing this and wouldn't hesitate to do it again when any of my costumes are needed.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Husky
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52105

Post by Husky »

Flash wrote:I just wanted to say that Shawn is about as professional as they come. He is concerned with our safety and willing to listen to ideas as well. I had a great time doing this and wouldn't hesitate to do it again when any of my costumes are needed.
Quoted for truth!
Kevin Johnson

FuzzyVelcro
Rebel Legion Member
Rebel Legion Member

Post by FuzzyVelcro »

Being a fan of both urbex and costume shoots I am loving every shot I have seen so far. :D
smscott138

Post by smscott138 »

Definitely appreciate all of the positive support; snow shoots are on the list too. Also; not all of the shoots will be Urbex. When I had first started; the ruins were one of the main elements but as we shot more and more I have found that I would rather be documenting the rebirth of Detroit rather than primarily rooting around in the ashes. Although I do have a fair amount of rooting around I'd still like to do; there are also just as many places downtown in the heart of the city that will set the stage for same epic shots.
FuzzyVelcro
Rebel Legion Member
Rebel Legion Member

Post by FuzzyVelcro »

:thumbs: