Two birds, one stone

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Church13

Two birds, one stone

Post by Church13 »

So I was thinking about this today and figured I'd see what others thought. Would it be a good idea to slowly build two costumes at once or is it recommended to stick to one project at a time?
GingerSnap

Re: Two birds, one stone

Post by GingerSnap »

I work on multiple costumes at once but it depends on the costumes. If it is your first time only working on one at a time is probably a better idea. What ones are you thinking about?
Church13

Post by Church13 »

I was thinking primarily working on my Snowtrooper but I've been looking at the Sandtrooper and Tusken Raider costumes as a possibility to kinda slowly work on here and there.
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

If I were you I would pick one to start off with and focus on that build.
Church13

Post by Church13 »

Ok thanks for the feedback :)
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Do you want to join and troop or work on costumes?
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 11105

Post by Brewski »

Ripcode wrote:Do you want to join and troop or work on costumes?
I agree with Rip and flutefreak on this one. Focusing on two costumes would be great, but time consuming. I myself have about 20 different ideas of costumes both for the 501st and just for fun, problem is just to picking one :P. Pick which one you like the best and go from there. Two costumes also would mean investing more. A snow trooper is on my list to do and I am gathering parts slowly. Right now I am working on a non-501st costume Starlord from Guardians of the Galaxy :mrgreen:
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
Church13

Post by Church13 »

Working on one for now would probably be best I can sew but I've never worked with armor before. I think I'll build my snowtrooper first and see how that goes before starting other projects. Guardians of the Galaxy was great movie btw, I'd love to see the finished Starlord costume. :)
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

Ripcode wrote:Do you want to join and troop or work on costumes?
Listen to Ripcode he knows what he is talking about; and it is less stressful only working on one costume at a time.
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 11105

Post by Brewski »

Church13 wrote:Working on one for now would probably be best I can sew but I've never worked with armor before. I think I'll build my snowtrooper first and see how that goes before starting other projects. Guardians of the Galaxy was great movie btw, I'd love to see the finished Starlord costume. :)
Hopefully within the next month pictures will probably be posted up here somewhere if not on Facebook :thumbs: Armor is not too hard as long as you follow the golden rule: Measure twice, cut once.... (or was it cut twice, measure once :lol: ) A snow trooper has less armor than a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper, but still has the soft parts as well.
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

Church13 wrote:Working on one for now would probably be best I can sew but I've never worked with armor before. I think I'll build my snowtrooper first and see how that goes before starting other projects.
There are many members that have snowtroopers; did you sign up for the Blizzard Force Forums yet?
Church13

Post by Church13 »

I have signed up for the blizzard forum and have been on there quite frequently reading through and asking questions :) so far the few questions I've asked have been answered quickly and the answers have been very helpful. I've already started getting the soft pieces for my snowtrooper build. I've got the gloves and I may have pants that are acceptable I just need to find them/make sure I still have them. I'm also in the process of finding material to start my duster. Thank you much for all of your feedback on this subject :) its very helpful and appreciated. Ripcode has a good point I could attempt working on numerous builds but more than likely I'd be spending more time building my armor than I would be wearing it and enjoying trooping with.