Greetings :-)

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
barrybarbee

Greetings :-)

Post by barrybarbee »

Hello all - Wanted to introduce myself and pass along a favor request and an in kind gesture.

My name is Barry Barbee and I'm a member of the Georgia 501st Garrison. I'm a life long supporter of any measure I can be a part that gives back or does good for another person or charity. More about me can be easily found by going to my Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/barry-barbee-ஃ/47/439/316

I'm currently a board member with the National Auto Body Council and we are giving 4 vehicles away at the upcoming NACE/ CARS Exposition in Detroit (July 22-24th) at the Cobo Center. 3 of the vehicles are going to special individuals in need due to hardships and one of the vans is going to Leaderdog.org (which provides seeing eye dogs to the visually impaired)

Why am I sharing this with you? I was recently asked to be on the trade show committee and tasked with bringing world class upgrades and exposure to our mission at these types of giftings and shows (get more people into the booth, more media exposure, etc)

I am planning on bringing up my Darth Vader costume but need YOUR help too. What I am planning to do is to have a photo/ meet and greet opportunity one hour before each of the vehicle gifting ceremonies. We will provide the photographer and instantly print out the picture with our NABC logo and the Great Lakes 501st Garrison (if you all approve this of course)

Please give this some consideration and if you're interested in know the 4 (one hour only) time slots spread across the 3 days I can provide this in a reply to this post. My board was BLOWN AWAY with the idea of the 501st being a part of these events. As I mentioned I can handle the Vader costume but you all likely already know just how hot this costume gets.... so if you can help me out by visiting for just 1 hour I would be very grateful.

In exchange for your garrison assisting me in this event I will promise to get 2 vehicles donated next year to either individuals, or charities, in need, that you select. You can find out more (and verify what I'm offering) by going to https://www.nationalautobodycouncil.org ... cled-rides

If you all also have an R2D2 or other stationary costumed figures this will also be very helpful to have in the booth across the expo.

Many, many thanks in advance for even reading this post. I hope you'll help me out and I look forward to meeting you all.

Thank you,
Barry Barbee
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Greetings :-)

Post by Mr Fett »

When you first put in the 501st request, they did post it up in our events section and said you'd be contacting us for more info. One of the board mods will get your profile changed so you can access it, when they see your post here.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

I don't find you in the Legion database.

I searched on your ID and last name and nothing comes up.

I checked the Georgia Garrison roster and don't find you there either.

Post a link to your 501st profile please.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Locked until this guy can confirm his Legion status.