How to get started as NCS?

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

How to get started as NCS?

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

Hi, all,

I'm waiting for my ANOVOS pre-order TK kit to arrive so I can join the 501st proper. However, I've heard talk of a thing called non-costume support (NCS), and it's been suggested that I join in that capacity in the meantime. That way I can join troops, meet some of the established members, connect to the community, assist however I can, blah, blah, blah. Is there some sort of membership level called NCS?--does anyone know how I might go about obtaining such a thing? I scoured the 501st site, but found nothing. As I said, I'm planning to submit proper photos once my armor is built. But if I can get involved in the interim, I'm all for it. What do I need to do? :D

Jayson
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Re: How to get started as NCS?

Post by Lumpy »

You've done the right thing by posting your interest here. As soon as one of the admins sees this (and has time to do it as we all have jobs and such :D ) they can grant you access to the event forums.

Once you are on there, just find an event or 2 that you want to NCS at and post on the thread for that event.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

JAYSONCOMGUY wrote:Hi, all,

I'm waiting for my ANOVOS pre-order TK kit to arrive so I can join the 501st proper. However, I've heard talk of a thing called non-costume support (NCS), and it's been suggested that I join in that capacity in the meantime. That way I can join troops, meet some of the established members, connect to the community, assist however I can, blah, blah, blah. Is there some sort of membership level called NCS?--does anyone know how I might go about obtaining such a thing? I scoured the 501st site, but found nothing. As I said, I'm planning to submit proper photos once my armor is built. But if I can get involved in the interim, I'm all for it. What do I need to do? :D

Jayson
You should be able to see the event section now. Please post if you planning on attending an event.

We prefer to know before-hand.
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

Thank you both! I'll dig into the event forum and do just as you instructed. There are a few events in West Michigan that I'd like to try and hit up before my armor arrives. Thanks again! --Jayson
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
yooper419
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 30144

Post by yooper419 »

Hi, guys! Ditto on joining as an NCS! My kit is on the way. But, I'd love to start getting involved! Thanks!
ChillyWill22
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
Legion ID: 22210

Post by ChillyWill22 »

I would like to be a ncs as well. Ive talk to a couple members from the fanstasic con at the birch run expo they were talkin to me about thats as well. Ive ordered mine as well an on the eaiting game for my big brown box. Been makin my boots an did some orderin on my gloves as well. But i would love to attend these events as well

Will Hallam
Commanding Officer (CO)
Great Lakes Garrison
TB/ST-22210

LOVE LIVE THE EMPIRE!!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Chillhwill22 wrote:I would like to be a ncs as well. Ive talk to a couple members from the fanstasic con at the birch run expo they were talkin to me about thats as well. Ive ordered mine as well an on the eaiting game for my big brown box. Been makin my boots an did some orderin on my gloves as well. But i would love to attend these events as well
Who were the members you met?
ChillyWill22
Garrison CO
Garrison CO

Post by ChillyWill22 »

The members that i met at the fantasticon at birch run was john (staz he was dress has a tie pilot) diane (juno) an katrina ( who was behind the table workin on her head gear) they were all super friendly an staz has been helpin me out on my biker scout uniform

Will Hallam
Commanding Officer (CO)
Great Lakes Garrison
TB/ST-22210

LOVE LIVE THE EMPIRE!!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Chillhwill22 wrote:The members that i met at the fantasticon at birch run was john (staz he was dress has a tie pilot) diane (juno) an katrina ( who was behind the table workin on her head gear) they were all super friendly an staz has been helpin me out on my biker scout uniform
You should be able to see the events section now.
ChillyWill22
Garrison CO
Garrison CO

Post by ChillyWill22 »

Awesome . I cant wait to meet an greet more of the members

Will Hallam
Commanding Officer (CO)
Great Lakes Garrison
TB/ST-22210

LOVE LIVE THE EMPIRE!!
Rikileitr

Post by Rikileitr »

Is it too late to pile on? :) I would love the opportunity to help out and some events, that I will probably be going to anyway! I'm just waiting on my gear to arrive, and I'm getting started on my E11.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Rikileitr wrote:Is it too late to pile on? :) I would love the opportunity to help out and some events, that I will probably be going to anyway! I'm just waiting on my gear to arrive, and I'm getting started on my E11.
Have you met or do you know personally any of the current GLG members?
Rikileitr

Post by Rikileitr »

Unfortunately, I do not. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door with the community
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Rikileitr wrote:Unfortunately, I do not. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door with the community
Once we have met you in person, we'll update your forum access. Hopefully you can make it to some of our upcoming events.
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 76239

Post by ShermiesRule »

I have been friends with Scott Zambelli for years and I recently just met new recruit Kurt Heydenburg who is helping me finish off my TK suit.
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

ShermiesRule wrote:I have been friends with Scott Zambelli for years and I recently just met new recruit Kurt Heydenburg who is helping me finish off my TK suit.
PM me your full name and address. I will then update your forum access.