Does anyone have a 501st or great lakes garrison flag

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
BikerScoutDawn
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 40795

Does anyone have a 501st or great lakes garrison flag

Post by BikerScoutDawn »

Ian O'Hara ( Warrior Ian) lost his battle with cancer today. I do not know when the funeral is since he obviously just passed however I do know that his parents have asked me that I arranged to have a 501st presence at his funeral. I need to know if anyone has a 501st or Great Lakes Garrison flag or backdrop Banner that we could fold up and give to the family kind of like what the military does it might sound corny but I think it will mean a lot and since we had made him an honorary member it just kind of seems fitting.
TB 40795
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Does anyone have a 501st or great lakes garrison flag

Post by Mr Fett »

I think Blasty might have been the one in charge of the last “GLG honorary member sick child” who died. Not sure what all happened in the days after that kid passed, but he’d probably be one to talk to about something like this.
Blasty Trooper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 5037

Re: Does anyone have a 501st or great lakes garrison flag

Post by Blasty Trooper »

That family had a small private service, so we were not involved with it. We have honored Matthew by including his initials in aurabesh on every Cherry Capital Comic Con patch since then, and let his parents choose the charity the money goes to.

I like the idea of giving a grieving family a momento at the funeral, and a flag works. If I had one, I would donate it. You may need to get creative when folding one our flags/banners so that the logo is scene.

I would take it one step further and suggest posting on the Legion forums, for possibly more ideas. A few that come to mind are an engraved plague (either stand alone or to put on the box the flag goes into), or a condolences card with a trooper on bended knee on the front.
Jon "Blasty" Leopold, IS/TK-5037
"Wolverines Trooper"
AT-ST Driver
General Madine
Blue Squadron Pilot