TK on the way!

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Post Reply
User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:24 pm

I just received an awesome email from Terrell that my ATA TK armor kit will ship next week!

I got so excited that I had to share hehe!

Carry on... :cheers:
Image

GingerSnap

Re: TK on the way!

Post by GingerSnap » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Yay!!! Also let me know what dates work for you so we can plan the Ann arbor armor party.

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Basically any weekend works. I'm going to work on this a little bit every day especially since the wife will be back in school in a few weeks.
Image

GingerSnap

Re: TK on the way!

Post by GingerSnap » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Ok I'll talk to my roommates tomorrow. We can't do the 21st because of our BBQ that's happening.

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:06 pm

GingerSnap wrote:Ok I'll talk to my roommates tomorrow. We can't do the 21st because of our BBQ that's happening.
:thumbs:
Image

User avatar
Muppet-Trooper
Garrison Charity Rep
Garrison Charity Rep
Posts: 1790
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm
Legion ID: 6778
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Muppet-Trooper » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Grimmy wrote:
GingerSnap wrote:Ok I'll talk to my roommates tomorrow. We can't do the 21st because of our BBQ that's happening.
:thumbs:
Several of us still have Anovos TK armor sitting in boxes.
Adam, maybe we should work out a separate TK armor party. :thumbs:

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:34 am

Muppet-Trooper wrote:
Grimmy wrote:
GingerSnap wrote:Ok I'll talk to my roommates tomorrow. We can't do the 21st because of our BBQ that's happening.
:thumbs:
Several of us still have Anovos TK armor sitting in boxes.
Adam, maybe we should work out a separate TK armor party. :thumbs:
Ready when you are, good sir! I still owe you a better representative of American treats too. (just reminding myself)
Image

Zarlon
Base Web Liaison
Base Web Liaison
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:17 am
Legion ID: 26113
Location: Westland MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Zarlon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Let me know if you have any questions during your build. My kit is also a ATA.

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Zarlon wrote:Let me know if you have any questions during your build. My kit is also a ATA.
You bet I'll be taking you up on this! Should be receiving tomorrow.
Image

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Tomorrow I start rough trimming my armor. I have the helmet almost complete. Its asymmetry really bothers me lol! OCD...
Image

User avatar
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 1:38 am
Legion ID: 0542
Location: East Lansing, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Mr Fett » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Grimmy wrote:Tomorrow I start rough trimming my armor. I have the helmet almost complete. Its asymmetry really bothers me lol! OCD...
How many times must we tell you that almost everything in Star Wars is non symmetrical in sculpt? :wink:

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 am

Mr Fett wrote:
Grimmy wrote:Tomorrow I start rough trimming my armor. I have the helmet almost complete. Its asymmetry really bothers me lol! OCD...
How many times must we tell you that almost everything in Star Wars is non symmetrical in sculpt? :wink:
Maybe just a few more times :lol:
Image

User avatar
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2000 1:38 am
Legion ID: 0542
Location: East Lansing, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Mr Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:14 am

Just wait until you cut out your armor pieces and see how bent the ab plate is, and how crooked the collar of the chest plate is……which is accurate.

User avatar
mbone
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:03 am
Legion ID: 60506
Location: Wyandotte, MI
Contact:

Re: TK on the way!

Post by mbone » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:22 pm

When I first opened the box and saw the face piece of the helmet, I thought it must have been a faulty vacu-form.
"Uh, no disrespect intended sir, but whaddya mean, 'If it's locked move on to the next one.' Dontcha think locking the door's the first thing they're gonna do?"

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:45 am

mbone wrote:When I first opened the box and saw the face piece of the helmet, I thought it must have been a faulty vacu-form.
Seriously glad I'm not the only one whom has a corrective sense about the molds lol!

My update is that I plan on cutting this weekend. I didn't get to in the previous weeks in preparation for London comic con. Hope to have it ready for the Rogue One time period.
Image

User avatar
Grimmy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 am
Legion ID: 12298
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Grimmy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Zarlon wrote:Let me know if you have any questions during your build. My kit is also a ATA.
Hey Kyle...I'm thinking about going Centurion with this puppy. I'm told you're the go-to ;)
I've figured out a few things with it, but is it ok to pm you about some details directly pertaining to centurion armor as I build?
Image

Zarlon
Base Web Liaison
Base Web Liaison
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:17 am
Legion ID: 26113
Location: Westland MI

Re: TK on the way!

Post by Zarlon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Grimmy wrote:
Zarlon wrote:Let me know if you have any questions during your build. My kit is also a ATA.
Hey Kyle...I'm thinking about going Centurion with this puppy. I'm told you're the go-to ;)
I've figured out a few things with it, but is it ok to pm you about some details directly pertaining to centurion armor as I build?
Of Course. I'd be happy to help.

Post Reply