Nihilus

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
DarthSinistrous
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member
Legion ID: 62495

Nihilus

Post by DarthSinistrous »

Hi, all. My name is Jim Lowry and I recently joined the forum but have long had an interest in the 501st and the Rebel Legion. Since I was invited at the Grand Rapids Comic Con to ask lots of questions here, I am going to take advantage of that invitation.

Since the games came out, I have had an abiding interest in the dark characters from The Old Republic era, as well as the Starkiller character from The Force Unleashed. It is my goal to join the 501st with either Darth Revan, Darth Nihilus, or Starkiller. So, here are the questions that I have so far:

First, are there any current members who troop with a Nihilus costume? I recall seeing at least one Revan and possibly a Starkiller (I may be reaching out for advice). Second, what is the process for getting approved? Finally, can anyone recommend a source for comfortable (this is important) boots for any of these costumes?

I also wanted to let folks know that I am an amateur saber smith and would be happy to help with repairs and what-not if anyone has a need. I would charge actual cost for parts only. I live in West Michigan if anyone is interested.

Many thanks! I am sure I will be back to bug you kind folks often. Cheers! Jim Lowry
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Re: Nihilus

Post by stasz »

Welcome! Glad you made it over :)

I believe our man JasonH has a Nihilus costume (as well as a schweet Sandtrooper.

First, check out the Costume Reference Library (CRL) for Nihilus here:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost ... th_nihilus

Then make your way over to The Flagship Eclipse Detachment, which is where Nihilus lives in the 501st. There you can find discussion, build threads, sources for parts, materials, etc. Sign up on the forums here:

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com

Read, read, read. Build, build, build. Request critique from your peers on the Flagship Eclipse boards.

Submit your photos to our Garrison Membership Liaison, Ripcode.

If your build hits all the notes and details of the CRL and you send high quality photos to Rip, you should have no problem with getting approved. If there are issues, address them, and resubmit.

Then, troop troop troop!

That's the nutshell version ;)
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

What John said. If you need any help I'm on the command staff for TFE detachment feel free to ask.
DarthSinistrous
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Thanks a million! It's like you've given me the keys to the kingdom.

Cheers!
The Death Star plans are not in the main computer? I don't have them, either. Check with the blue and white trash can.
DarthSinistrous
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Thanks again for the guidance. I am almost ready to submit pictures, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Should I wait until everything is ready, or submit photos as the various parts are ready? Does seeing the bits help with assessing the overall look once it is finished?
2. What poses, closeups, angles, etc. are needed?

Okay, that was three questions. I never was too good at math. ;) Thank you!!
The Death Star plans are not in the main computer? I don't have them, either. Check with the blue and white trash can.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

DarthSinistrous wrote:Thanks again for the guidance. I am almost ready to submit pictures, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Should I wait until everything is ready, or submit photos as the various parts are ready? Does seeing the bits help with assessing the overall look once it is finished?
2. What poses, closeups, angles, etc. are needed?

Okay, that was three questions. I never was too good at math. ;) Thank you!!
Complete costume.

The following tips will help make sure that you get the right photos to the GML on your first try:

-Only submit pictures of yourself alone against a plain background (no convention photos, please).
-We will need photos with your helmet/mask on and off (if applicable).
-You must include full-length views of your costumefrom the front, back and both sides.
-Be sure to take your photos with adequate lighting and at a high-resolution to help us inspect the details.
-Do not wear any non-canon accessories or add ons, including jewellery, glasses, earrings, (unit patches, extra weapons, pauldrons when not part of the canon costume etc...)
-If you include any weapons such as a blaster or lightsaber, please ensure that they conform to the weapons policy.
Toweun
Legion ID: 12346

Post by Toweun »

If you need any help or where i found my parts; mask, cat ears top, gloves or boots. don't hesitate to ask.

I have pictures of my Nihilus on my facebook page.....TD12346,

and my WIP of it on my phone somewhere i can get to you

JasonH "Toweun"
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
Toweun

Post by Toweun »

also on the big boards as I call them, 501stlegion.com , someone is selling a Revan mask. In case you want to start building on that one as well
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Toweun wrote:also on the big boards as I call them, 501stlegion.com , someone is selling a Revan mask. In case you want to start building on that one as well
People can not see those forums until they become a 501st member.
Toweun

Post by Toweun »

Crap! sorry Rip and Jim, i forgot about that.