Patch Shirts?

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
cydneyandsons
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 71211

Patch Shirts?

Post by cydneyandsons »

Hello,

I was looking into starting my own 501st patch shirt, and I was looking for suggestions, answers, and maybe pictures of your own shirt!
Do people generally always use the Dickies work shirts, or do people use a variety (jean jackets, etc)? Short sleeved or long sleeved? Also, I bought some really cool other Star Wars patches to jazz it up a bit, is it taboo to include other patches or do you generally just use 501st and related patches? I would love to see pictures of your own as inspiration as well.

Also: Do you ever wear it outside of events? Just as casual wear? (Just curious :) )

Thank you!
Last edited by cydneyandsons on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Re: Patch Shirts?

Post by stasz »

I love my patch shirts!
I have two, one each for my costumes and keep the patches related to that costume. They are Dickies or RedKap (same thing) short sleeve workshirts, mainly because I like that look and that's pretty much what I wear normally, sans patches.

I don't find it taboo to mix Legion and random Star Wars patches. There is some really cool stuff out there!
Here are mine:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1508189537732.jpg
FB_IMG_1508189537732.jpg (35.6 KiB) Viewed 14693 times
FB_IMG_1508189534446.jpg
FB_IMG_1508189534446.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 14693 times
20171016_172439-1.jpg
20171016_172439-1.jpg (219.67 KiB) Viewed 14693 times
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
cydneyandsons
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by cydneyandsons »

Those look great! Thank you for the inspiration :) Hope I can find some Jawa patches!
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

I have a Dickie's work shirt that I use,

This is the only picture I have of it right now... lol it's currently being washed.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

I don't normally wear my patch shirt outside of trooping unless it's post-event, but I would keep in mind conduct becoming (or unbecoming) of a trooper when you're rocking Legion logos. I have a prominent Legion sticker on my vehicle, my membership is prevalent on my social media outlets, etc. You've definitely taken your first steps into a larger world :)

My advise is: as a member of the Legion, always be cognizant of the fact that you may be someone's first and/or only exposure to the 501st so always put your best foot forward.
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

stasz wrote:My advise is: as a member of the Legion, always be cognizant of the fact that you may be someone's first and/or only exposure to the 501st so always put your best foot forward.
Agreed!

I also recommend the use of an iron to keep your shirts looking crisp and a lint roller to remove all pet hair (Katrina!)......! :mrgreen:
cydneyandsons
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by cydneyandsons »

Thanks all for your advice!
I bought a couple Dickies shirts in hopes of getting a good size- I think I am going to keep the shirt for events only but stick a couple patches on a jean jacket because I like to show off my membership :wink:
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

cydneyandsons wrote:Thanks all for your advice!
I bought a couple Dickies shirts in hopes of getting a good size- I think I am going to keep the shirt for events only but stick a couple patches on a jean jacket because I like to show off my membership :wink:
Many of us do jackets and not patch shirts, too. Jackets keep you warm while showing off 501st pride. Both types allow us to geek out in public. :lol:
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

Ripcode wrote:
stasz wrote:My advise is: as a member of the Legion, always be cognizant of the fact that you may be someone's first and/or only exposure to the 501st so always put your best foot forward.
Agreed!

I also recommend the use of an iron to keep your shirts looking crisp and a lint roller to remove all pet hair (Katrina!)......! :mrgreen:

My shirt is wrinkle free thank you.... as for the pet hair... um... yeah.... that's a lost cause....
Herbie
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 43723

Post by Herbie »

I wear my patch shirt outside of events all the time. They keep me out of trouble because I have to behave while wearing it out and about. It is also a great conversation starter almost everywhere I go.

Matter-o-fact I am wearing it right now :thumbs:
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Skykat wrote:My shirt is wrinkle free thank you.... as for the pet hair... um... yeah.... that's a lost cause....
:thumbs:

Juno
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 10202

Post by Juno »

Ripcode wrote:
Skykat wrote:My shirt is wrinkle free thank you.... as for the pet hair... um... yeah.... that's a lost cause....
:thumbs:

I have 4 dogs. I'm lucky if I can keep my uniform clean so forget about other clothes
My number is 10202 (the mirror image of 50501) :thumbs:
Jolly
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9549

Post by Jolly »

I have two sets of shirts with the exact same patches on each. (GLG, Rebel Legion, Knights of the Jedi Order)
I personally do not like to wear the same shirt twice during an event. But that's me.
In my experience, people take pictures of my shirts and read the patches and I am always professional.
Great advertisement for the garrison/legion and I wear my shirts and jerseys proudly.

All my shirts are Carhartt. Tight fabric, very durable.
" . . . No, I'm not wearing a backpack. It's my lunchbox."