TPM Maul WIP

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Mauvais

TPM Maul WIP

Post by Mauvais »

Hello Everyone,

I have the opportunity to work with a seamstress on the sewn components of TPM Maul, so I'm starting him as well as working on CW Maul. Whew!

I'm in the middle of making a comparative chart using as many different brands of makeup as possible for Maul costumers. That way everyone can discern the right brand for their skin type and personal preference before investing in the quantity needed for this costume. I will be testing BenNye, Graftobian, Diamond FX, Wolfe FX and Mehron Paradise Paint. This evening I found out that layering Graftobian orange (89007) and red from the BenNye Wk-8 palette made a fantastic base. Nothing like some simple contour/highlight to bring it all together underneath the black BenNye creme from a WK-2 palette, which I applied using a tapered brow brush. I set everything with BenNye translucent setting powder and a dry beauty blender. All I did to this selfie was edit my eyes, no altering of the face paint whatsoever. Would it be better to make this chart by doing a semi-full face with each product or individual swatches? Let me know what you think would be the most helpful, or if you have any different products you'd like me to add.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W7IV3 ... gJKuMV18D0

This is also on the Sith Lord Forums
Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions!
-Mauvais
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Re: TPM Maul WIP

Post by Ripcode »

The makeup looks excellent! :mrgreen:
Mauvais

Post by Mauvais »

Ripcode wrote:The makeup looks excellent! :mrgreen:
Thank you!! I’m excited to do more!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Mauvais wrote:
I'm waiting on you to get finished and approved! :)
Mauvais

Post by Mauvais »

Ripcode wrote:
Mauvais wrote:
I'm assuming you'll be at Motor City? I was wondering if I could ask some questions about that process. I want to make the most of my time before submitting an application. I'm about 50% finished with Clone Wars Maul, and more like 10% with TPM. Since CW Maul is a completely new CRL, would it take a lot more time to get approved? That is something the folks over at the Sith Lord forums haven't touched on in the build thread I started, but I could also inquire there. I guess my main question is whether or not a recognized CRL would have a faster process than the one I'm writing myself for approval. I'm working hard to be able to troop sometime this summer!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Mauvais wrote:
Ripcode wrote:
Mauvais wrote:
I'm assuming you'll be at Motor City? I was wondering if I could ask some questions about that process. I want to make the most of my time before submitting an application. I'm about 50% finished with Clone Wars Maul, and more like 10% with TPM. Since CW Maul is a completely new CRL, would it take a lot more time to get approved? That is something the folks over at the Sith Lord forums haven't touched on in the build thread I started, but I could also inquire there. I guess my main question is whether or not a recognized CRL would have a faster process than the one I'm writing myself for approval. I'm working hard to be able to troop sometime this summer!
I will not be at MCCC. Instead I will be in Traverse City for Cherry Capital Comic Con for Memorial weekend.

If you are at MCCC ask for Eric Alexander (GLG Commanding Officer) or John Studniarz (GLG Garrison Membership Liaison) and either of them will be able to help you with costume questions or the approval process.

Yes, costumes that have an existing CRL get approved faster.

New costumes are not an issue. You along with the GML will work together on getting a new CRL approved. New CRLs will take longer, but don't let that deter you if that is the route you really want to go. :D
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

You would also want to work with the CRL team at the sith lord detachment forums.
CT/ID-7859
Mauvais

Post by Mauvais »

Ripcode wrote:
Mauvais wrote:
Ripcode wrote:
I will not be at MCCC. Instead I will be in Traverse City for Cherry Capital Comic Con for Memorial weekend.

If you are at MCCC ask for Eric Alexander (GLG Commanding Officer) or John Studniarz (GLG Garrison Membership Liaison) and either of them will be able to help you with costume questions or the approval process.

Yes, costumes that have an existing CRL get approved faster.

New costumes are not an issue. You along with the GML will work together on getting a new CRL approved. New CRLs will take longer, but don't let that deter you if that is the route you really want to go. :D
Sounds good, I will get in touch with them! I'm going to work hard on getting CW done and keep making small steps toward TPM. I'll try to get up to Cherry Capital, it depends on if I get the day off. There are so few cons in Michigan I hate missing them!
Mauvais

Post by Mauvais »

DeafTrooper wrote:You would also want to work with the CRL team at the sith lord detachment forums.
I just posted some questions and a request for feedback in the forum for my CRL, I just finished it! I hope to hear back from someone soon. I'll keep everyone here updated!