Got a interesting situation here

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
yourscout
Legion ID: 51880

Got a interesting situation here

Post by yourscout »

So I did ask this on your facebook page, but anyway my good friend is building a royal guard costume for the 501st, however, he is Canadian.

He lives in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada. To get to typical Canadian Garrison events, it would take him 7-15 hours to get there driving. Whereas to get to your events, it would only take him a 4 hours drive. So just curious, could a Canadian join the Great Lakes garrison? Is a US passport/ID required in any way for events?

Also is it possible for him to be a member of both the Great Lakes Garrison and the Canadian garrison? Since he's in the middle between you two. Or will he just be joining one and visiting the other garrison? Would he be getting troop credit for both?
ForesterDesign
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 93016

Re: Got a interesting situation here

Post by ForesterDesign »

Hey YourScout, glad to see another future member starting their build!

So your bud's situation is quite more common than you'd think - especially in big territories, only more reason to keep adding members! In his particular case - he can apply for a "transfer" with the approval of the Garrison Command Officer. It's listed out here:

From Operations Protocol, Section 5:

"Member affiliation with a Garrison is normally based upon geographical boundaries and the member's primary residence. A member can request to be placed in another Garrison if they feel closer to that Garrison and it is more feasible to regularly attend events with that Garrison. If approved by the CO of the member's original Garrison as well as the adopting Garrison's CO, the member may switch affiliations."

I happen to be one of the four Yooper troopers we have here in the Upper Peninsula - Marquette specifically, so if he's cool with driving the 3 hours, we'd love to initiate that process when he's ready. If other troopers build up numbers, he can always request back into the Canadian Garrison.

Hope that info helps!
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

To add to this: a lot of people belong to one garrison and will troop in their own garrison and will also troop a neighboring one as a "guest trooper".
CT/ID-7859
yourscout
Legion ID: 51880

Post by yourscout »

I do have one more question, if he transfers from the canadian garrison to this one would he have to resubmit approval photos?
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

yourscout wrote:I do have one more question, if he transfers from the canadian garrison to this one would he have to resubmit approval photos?
Once approved, as long as he stays an Active Member (one official troop per year) he will not have to resubmit.
He can apply for the GLG right from the get. Shouldn't have to get approval with the Canadian Garrison and then transfer.
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
ForesterDesign
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by ForesterDesign »

DeafTrooper wrote:To add to this: a lot of people belong to one garrison and will troop in their own garrison and will also troop a neighboring one as a "guest trooper".
This is true, but I also want him in the GLG so we can have a Squad up here in the U.P. :cool:
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

ForesterDesign wrote:
DeafTrooper wrote:To add to this: a lot of people belong to one garrison and will troop in their own garrison and will also troop a neighboring one as a "guest trooper".
This is true, but I also want him in the GLG so we can have a Squad up here in the U.P. :cool:
If he gets in, your half way there.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

ForesterDesign
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by ForesterDesign »

yourscout wrote:I do have one more question, if he transfers from the canadian garrison to this one would he have to resubmit approval photos?
Also - we just got another Imperial Guard here in Marquette, so if you're buddy has made progress - we'd LOVE two RED guards here in the U.P.!