Great Lakes Fitness Center

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: Great Lakes Fitness Center

Post by Crimson »

I know this thread has fallen out of people's immediate radar since it's been pretty much just me logging my miles, but I want to reiterate that it's not just for that purpose. It really is meant for anyone who wants to get help, get fit, get healthy, and get motivated.

If that means I need to create a separate forum for multiple threads rather than just this one long thread that's turned into my running log, I can do that. But that comes with a price:

Personal responsibility.
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Responsibility, what's that?? >_>

Well this past week I fell off the band wagon with consuming pop and fast food. Today I start a new "Weight Loss Challenge" thru work. This is not really for weight loss for myself more of a 12 week constant reminder to keep on track. I have a goal for next year to have definition in my abs. :thumbs:
Costumes: Mara Jade, Slave Leia, and Rey.
Dankelzaga
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60688

Post by Dankelzaga »

While I don't post all the time..I still always check this thread. To be honest, I like seeing your posts relative to your runs. There have been times in the morning I don't feel like heading to the gym (like today) and I see your post and think to myself "get your butt going".
I started this ride on Feb 7th and am still pretty motivated. The weight loss has slowed down (I'm down from 243 to 198 now) but my body mass, physique, etc has changed dramatically. I feel great, have a ton of energy and have made a very positive change to my blood pressure. Haven't been called Porkins in quite some time.

I've recently started to focus on a lot of whole body movement type exercises while at the gym. I do my cardio, and then my weights, but I miss things like squats, mountain climbers, burpees, etc into it all.

At any rate, keep it going and I appreciate your posts. :D Wish I could run like that...my endurance is there but the Marine Corps destroyed my knees from all that running in boots back in the day.

Semper Fi
Dan
Dankelzaga
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Dankelzaga »

On another note...I have really enjoyed using the free calorie tracking site called "Myfitnesspal.com" For anyone knew to weight loss and having trouble finding out some good choices/eat this not that type questions...I've found its great. Just another good tool for keeping yourself accountable and support if needed.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

Dankelzaga wrote:At any rate, keep it going and I appreciate your posts. :D Wish I could run like that...my endurance is there but the Marine Corps destroyed my knees from all that running in boots back in the day.
Ever think about going to a more sports-oriented medical professional to get them checked out? MDs who aren't as experienced with sports have a tendency to prescribe drugs vs. more therapeutic methods (like even different shoes).

Just something to consider ;)
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

10/3

Post by Crimson »

2 mile interval run

And according to the mapmyrun.com app, my top speed was 21 times the speed of light:

I apparently became a singularity this morning. I thought I felt a little wonky. I just thought I had to go to the bathroom. Apparently, I was breaking all known laws of physics instead.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

10/7

Post by Crimson »

6.55 miles. Got caught up in some distracting sightseeing so my times were just off.
Dankelzaga
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Dankelzaga »

Down another 1.5 pounds this week. As my weight loss has stalled a bit I'm really happy with that. I'm at the point where the scale has become less important to me. My clothes are loose and I can hit it as hard as I want in the gym without feeling awful.

The very best thing is the number of folks at work who randomly say "wow..have you lost weight :D " Still have my periods of weakness but I think I've finally gotten to the point after 8 months, where being "healthy" has become more routine.

Keep it going everyone..your posts always keep me motivated!
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

6.2 miles
59:53
9:40 pace

Last tapered long-run before the half.
Dankelzaga
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Dankelzaga »

Hit a little personal goal today..Since starting this thing I've been trying to hit 3 miles on the elliptical within 30 minutes. I usually shoot for the goal once a week as it is pretty darn tough. I first was able to hit that mark on level 15 and since that time have slowly tried to elevate the level while keeping the same goal.
At any rate, I hit my mark on level 18 today :D I was proud of myself.. felt like the "Little Engine that Could"...I think I can, I think I can...I know I can.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

Good job!

10/21: Free Press Half Marathon

13.1 miles
2:06:09
9:38 pace
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

10/28

Post by Crimson »

Back at it.

6.05 miles
52:01
8:37 pace
Mrs Skirata
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mrs Skirata »

So... I haven't been on the forums to much, cuz I forgot my password and I went inactive, Anyways.... Yesterday I was able to fit into my costume! So I trooped FANFAIR!. Since August 1st I have stopped drinking pop & Juice. I drink water only and a cup milk a day. I stopped eating any kind of processed food. Fruits & veggies are fresh, not in a bag or can. I also have become addicted to Zumba, I go 3 times a week. I just signed up for their weight loss challenge. The gym is not for me at the moment. My biggest goal is to run a 5k. I just can't run, the best I've done so far is 1/2 mile with Dylan walking next to me. Warrior Dash is in July and I want to be able to keep up and not feel like I'm gonna die. I did take a before picture and I can't wait to take the after picture in July!!
Diana Brang
ID-8220
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Yes, way to go Diana. You were looking great at Fanfare, keep up the hart work! :dance:
Costumes: Mara Jade, Slave Leia, and Rey.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

11/1

Post by Crimson »

3.12 miles
23:33
7:33 pace
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

Got back on the wagon on the 9th of October, got my physical results a few days later. Few things were very high and had to get an ultra sound on my liver as well. Kinda gave me the scare I needed to get back on track. The new diet is a full 180° from what I am used to. Sux, but I have to do it.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

11/6

Post by Crimson »

Money + mouth = 2 miles @ lunch

16:54
8:15 pace