Great Lakes Fitness Center

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Re: Great Lakes Fitness Center

Post by Ripcode »

I don't have any challenges going.

I just lift at least (4) days a week. I sprinkle in a bit of cardio and HIIT. With the weather getting nicer, I will be back to adding in some running.
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

I am waking this up.

I talked to a few fellas (and ladies) this weekend at the Lumberjacks game. We all agreed we need to get off our collective behinds and get in better shape. I will start posting here my workouts.

I have been lazy since Dragon Con and packed on the weight. I found out this weekend how much when I put my armor on. :blink:

Today is the start to my change in eating and back to working out. This week will be a warm up with one work out in the evening and next week will be an AM pump to get the blood flowing and my regular work out in the evening. My daily intake of calories will be 2150 with it slowly increasing as the days increase.

My goal is to be back into my spartan gear by Motor City 2015.

I will try and update on a daily basis, but sometime it might be weekly. I can help with a little bit of questions, but I am by no means an expert.

Kevin Johnson and I will be doing a monthly challenge between each other with the loser doing a mini penalty workout.

Feel free to join in and post up your stats and workout.

Wags: Starting weight 240, December 15, 2014
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

Post by Johnny »

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life wags. I too need to lose weight (for better health and to make my future Groot project more screen accurate). I weighed over 300 lbs when I graduated from college. I got into cycling and got down to an unhealthy (considering my height) 162. Now my scale reads 255 lbs. My goal is to get back to 210. I will lose 2 lbs a week so my goal will be the Motor City Comic Con next year. I plan on losing weight the same way I did BC (Before Children) which is cycling. I will be using an indoor trainer (which makes my bike stationary) in front of a TV. I need to find a good serialized tv program on Netflix (or DVD) in which I can ride while watching. Since I like to ride at hour intervals, it would especially nice to find a program that lasts an hour. Although not an hour long, I'm thinking of the new Dr. Who series (I haven't watched since the Tom Baker days ) or Firefly. My goal is to ride at least 5 times (hours) a week for the winter months, and gradually increase to 12 hours a week as spring will allow me to get back onto the roads. I will be weighing myself every morning when I get up to chart progress. Although I planning on eating better, I will not be counting individual calories unless I fall more than 2 weeks behind schedule. Here we go!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Never weigh yourself every single day. The human body fluctuates like 5 pounds per day, just depending on how much food and liquid is currently in your digestive tract. They say at minimum do it only once per week. Make it the same day each week, and do it in the morning before you have breakfast, to get a more true reading.
Andrew Miller

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." ~ George Lucas 5-8-2010
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

Post by Johnny »

When I dropped the 140 lbs I measured myself every day in the morning and although it did go up and down I only measured the difference in the margin once a week. It's mainly just a reminder to myself to change things. If I really wanted it to change I'd weigh myself right after a 80 mile bike ride, in which I usually lose 5 to 7 lbs (all water) depending on the heat and water intake.
Boo-Boo
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 51503

Post by Boo-Boo »

I'm in too!

Height, 5'9"
Weight, 157
BMI, 23.2

I'm not technically overweight, but I'm not happy with where I am. I was at my heaviest a year and a half ago, at 183. I lost 36 pounds (down to 147) by using an elliptical trainer in my basement and also portion control. That really was the main thing for me. I didn't count calories, but I was very careful about how much I ate. Where I used to have a couple breadsticks and a few slices of pizza, I'd instead eat one breadstick and one slice of pizza. When eating pasta, I actually weighed it and figured out how much a portion really was. It was eye opening.

I fell off the exercise wagon earlier this year. Due to family health issues, I spent a few months splitting my time between California and Michigan. By getting strict about my eating, I was able to keep my weight at about 150ish. But we went on a cruise in October (hello endless food), and I gained 7 pounds.

My goal is partly weight loss (I'd like to be between 140-145), but mostly fitness and firmness. I'm resuming the elliptical, starting at 15 minutes 5-6 days a week. I'll increase 5 minutes a week, up to one hour 4-5 days a week. I'll also be doing portion control again.

So, losing 14 pounds at about 1.5 pounds a week, my goal is March 15. I know from past experience that once I get down to 155, it's a fracking all out battle for every single ounce. So March 15 may be ambitious, but I'm gonna try. I know Yoda says "Do or do not. There is no try." But this is the dark side. And evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb.

So I will try. I guess the fear of you guys giving me crap if I fail should be all the motivation I need. :drunk:

Looking forward to every painful minute,
Charlotte

P.S. Fireball whiskey and cannoli have no calories, right?
Some people run from the creepy guy driving the white van.

I go with him on a taco run. At 2:30am. In Detroit.
Dankelzaga
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60688

Post by Dankelzaga »

Crazy Dan is in as well. Have to be pool ready for April. While I never regained all of the weight I lost it has slowly started to creep back.

I'm at 219 today. I always enjoy using my fitbit and the myfitnesspal apps.

My youngest son Gage (who many of you know) has his first "official" body building competition in March so he will help to motivate me.

We will be one crazy, sexy, cool bunch for Anaheim and Motor City Comic Con. :D
Wags

Post by Wags »

This is excellent!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!! :righton: :righton:
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 62946

Post by Mayhem75 »

MAYHEM reporting in!!!! Will post stats tonight.
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
Boo-Boo
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Boo-Boo »

Day 1 (Mon 12/15)
157.2 lbs
15 minutes elliptical

Day 2 (Tue 12/16)
156.0 lbs
15 min elliptical

Day 3 (Wed 12/17)
156.4 lbs
Last edited by Boo-Boo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

Would you guys like to see this expanded into its own subforum in a slightly more private area? Maybe we can take a page from the 300DC manual and each person creates his/her own thread, which also means more personalized poking and prodding when needed :)

That way, we don't have to muddy up a single thread and may actually have other conversation. I can alter the permissions so that it's open only to 501st, RL, and cadets.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Crimson wrote:Would you guys like to see this expanded into its own subforum in a slightly more private area? Maybe we can take a page from the 300DC manual and each person creates his/her own thread, which also means more personalized poking and prodding when needed :)

That way, we don't have to muddy up a single thread and may actually have other conversation. I can alter the permissions so that it's open only to 501st, RL, and cadets.
Yep. That way each person can post a single thread about themselves, and just keep adding to it. Good plan.
Andrew Miller

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." ~ George Lucas 5-8-2010
Wags

Post by Wags »

Your a mind reader Rome. I was going to send you a pm and ask just that. You sir are awesome!! :cheers:
Boo-Boo
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Boo-Boo »

I don't have access to the more private forums. So I'll post my stuff via Johnny, unless some forum fairy wants to grant me access. :)

Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

Don't worry about that. I can alter permissions so that Cadet group members can see it and participate in it too.

Full version on YouTube
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

Done. It's at the top of this index now.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

I'll keep this thread unlocked for a little while just to make sure folks who are granted permission can get into the forum. If you can't, post here (remember that this is open to 501st, RL, and Cadets only).
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Wags wrote:This is excellent!! I look forward to seeing everyone's progress!!! :righton: :righton:
I'm here to support you all. :mrgreen:

Or make fun of you when you fail! :twisted:
Boo-Boo
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Boo-Boo »

I'm not even a cadet. :) I'm just married to a 501st/RL member, and I NCS when he goes to events. So I guess I'm out. Kick butt guys! :thumbs: You can do it.

Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

Actually, you're in. By "cadet," we mean NCS. I altered the group colorings so that it'd be easier to see who's in that usergroup, so you should be good to go. Come join us in the "gym!"