Armor parties?

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Saavok

Armor parties?

Post by Saavok »

Hello all.

Here's my story: a few months ago I recieved my Tk-armor (yay!), but since then I've been too nervous to try working on it. I had to wait a long time for it; but last comic book day, I asked one awesome stormtrooper (whose name and number I forgot to ask for, curses) about construction and was told of armor parties. So, what do I need to know/do from here? :oops:
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Re: Armor parties?

Post by Mowskwoz »

We currently have another recruit working on a RT-mod set like yours, he is busy staring at his pieces too. That's common when you get your first set of armor. There are plenty of us here that can assist you along the way. But first things first. We need to know where are you located. We do armor parties on the east and west side of the state. There aren't any current plans, that I am aware of, for an armor party but that could change after Motor City Comic Con this weekend. :tksmilie:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

Best bet would be to sign up on the FISD forums. Ask questions, look at a ton of photos. And trim out all the parts (a bit at a time, can always take more off, not so easy to put more on). Take a crack at it, while we do have armor parties from time to time, no one will just build it for you. Members are there to lend a hand if you need it. But also are there to work on their own stuff. Get most of the easy parts done (forarms,shins,thighs,biceps and bells) and if you get all that done, you may not need help on the bucket at all.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
Saavok

Post by Saavok »

Hey, sorry life got in the way again. At the moment I am located in the Walled Lake community, which is right next to Novi.

In regards to armor building, I merely wanted a guide so I don't make a major error. I haven't looked at the FISD forum yet and will look tonight; production on the easier pieces will begin tonight, until than I'll work on getting over my paranoia. =P
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

good luck with the armor!