Clone Trooper Startup

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
DarkTau

Clone Trooper Startup

Post by DarkTau »

Well i wanted to start up a clone trooper costume and wanted to know where to start.
funds aren't the best so it will be a long process i was just wondering on where i should start.
what parts will take the longest so i can start those first so when I'm done with that i can go onto the next part when i have more money.

An idea of what i want to is:
Clone swamp trooper: as seen in Revenge of the Sith
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... per_01.jpg

or
A 501st Legion Clone Trooper
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... egion1.jpg

i wish for ether of mine to be phase 2 style.
also i wear glasses so i need to worry about that also.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Re: Clone Trooper Startup

Post by Lumpy »

If you're interested in doing a Kashyyyk scout trooper (your first picture) go to the Pathfinder Detachment website (www.bikerscout.net). TONS of info, tutorials and people who make kits to assemble for it.
Good luck - keep us posted on your progress.
Harp
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6734

Post by Harp »

First and foremost, I would strongly suggest settling on which of the clones your most interested in and then commit to it. Once your decision is made it will allow you to focus on figuring out the what, when, and how your going to pull your costume together. Trust me it is much easier to research an plan one costume as opposed to three!

Secondly do your research and educate yourself as much as possible.

Additionally, keep an eye out for announcements of Armor Parties. These are great way to "break the ice" (so to speak) and it will give you and opportunity to get a closer look at some work in progress projects.

As for the glasses, personally I'm near sighted so when the bucket goes on the specs come off. If I had a stronger constitution I would wear contacts. Most of the buckets will already greatly reduce your vision and situational awareness so if you wear contacts it will be a big help.

Best of luck :thumbs: We look forward to seeing your progress.
Biker Scout = Complete
327th Star Corps Clone Trooper = Retired
DarkTau

Post by DarkTau »

Harp wrote:First and foremost, I would strongly suggest settling on which of the clones your most interested in and then commit to it. Once your decision is made it will allow you to focus on figuring out the what, when, and how your going to pull your costume together. Trust me it is much easier to research an plan one costume as opposed to three!

Secondly do your research and educate yourself as much as possible.

Additionally, keep an eye out for announcements of Armor Parties. These are great way to "break the ice" (so to speak) and it will give you and opportunity to get a closer look at some work in progress projects.

As for the glasses, personally I'm near sighted so when the bucket goes on the specs come off. If I had a stronger constitution I would wear contacts. Most of the buckets will already greatly reduce your vision and situational awareness so if you wear contacts it will be a big help.

Best of luck :thumbs: We look forward to seeing your progress.
unfortunately i need to wear my glasses at all times and my eyes can't handle contacts.
i was asking which would be better for my glasses?
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

I have a regular Biker Scout that I wear my glasses under. I know some TKs who wear their glasses under their helmets. Don't know about clones or Kashyyyk troopers. Sounds like that is definately something you would have to ask before sinking any $$$ into a kit.
Keanu
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 7088

Post by Keanu »

If you go with the Barc Trooper aka "the swamp clone " I would be more that willing to help you out and airbrush the camo; Its something I've wanted to do for a long time now.
DarkTau

Post by DarkTau »

at this point i have decided to go swamp clone it up.