DL-44 Blaster

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

DL-44 Blaster

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

So for my Mara Jade (WIP) costume I am looking for a DL-44 blaster. Does anyone know where I can buy one? Does anyone make these at all?
Costumes: Mara Jade, Slave Leia, and Rey.
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Re: DL-44 Blaster

Post by Mowskwoz »

Try Jedi Mickey on the Rebel Legion boards. He has a resin conversion kit for a airsoft Mauser. He also does fully assembled ones, if you want to go that route.

The airsoft Mausers can be found on ebay fairly cheap(under $20 for the plastic ones). You can get a metal one there too but it would be kinda heavy for trooping.

Another alternative would be to find a Hasbro toy Han Solo blaster and paint it.
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
tk1440
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1440

Post by tk1440 »

I pick up the Han Solo Hasbro one at Watto gift shop at star tours few years ago and
painted it for my officer outfit turn out nice and the cost about $20.00 :D

Rich
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Thanks for the advice/info. ^_^
Atreydies79

Post by Atreydies79 »

This site has one, it's metal and doesn't seem too heavy. Looked really really good. They were at CV and had one.

lightspeedimports.com

Although I thought I'd read or heard somewhere that Mara's DL-44 did NOT have a scope. I don't remember where i saw/heard that, so I could be wrong.
"I just bought some wee baby turtles and no-one knows to feed them." - Dr. Beckett
Mara Jade - still collecting bits and pieces.
Winter - Need wig
Imperial Knight - Researching
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Atreydies79 wrote:This site has one, it's metal and doesn't seem too heavy. Looked really really good. They were at CV and had one.

lightspeedimports.com

Although I thought I'd read or heard somewhere that Mara's DL-44 did NOT have a scope. I don't remember where i saw/heard that, so I could be wrong.
The one they have is what Mara has used in the comics. Not sure yet if I want to dish out that much money on the Blaster since I am having the lightsaber custom made and that will be expensive itself.
Atreydies79

Post by Atreydies79 »

Mira_Darkstar wrote:
Atreydies79 wrote:This site has one, it's metal and doesn't seem too heavy. Looked really really good. They were at CV and had one.

lightspeedimports.com

The one they have is what Mara has used in the comics. Not sure yet if I want to dish out that much money on the Blaster since I am having the lightsaber custom made and that will be expensive itself.
I know the feeling, but a Mara Lightsaber is gonna be expensive no matter where ya look. And I've looked I think they're in the range of $400.
"I just bought some wee baby turtles and no-one knows to feed them." - Dr. Beckett
Mara Jade - still collecting bits and pieces.
Winter - Need wig
Imperial Knight - Researching
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Atreydies79 wrote:I know the feeling, but a Mara Lightsaber is gonna be expensive no matter where ya look. And I've looked I think they're in the range of $400.
I know that the lightsaber will be expensive, I don't mind that. I do kind of mind buying the lightsaber and then turning around and spending another couple hundred bucks on a blaster. ^_^ I should only have one expensive prop per costume right? lol
Myshadowstar
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 7957

Post by Myshadowstar »

or save up and next year get that one :) can always upgrade
"Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men..."

Myshadowstar

------------
Old Republic Jedi- complete
Imperial Officer- complete

Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Myshadowstar wrote:or save up and next year get that one :) can always upgrade
Decisions.... decisions....even though I'd be carrying around a kick butt lightsaber it would be nifty to have a blaster that had a sound card and light like this creation I found on the FX-Saber forums:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22482.0
Myshadowstar
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 7957

Post by Myshadowstar »

would you make yourself or see about finding someone to do it? it is very sweet looking
"Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men..."

Myshadowstar

------------
Old Republic Jedi- complete
Imperial Officer- complete

Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

Mira_Darkstar wrote:I should only have one expensive prop per costume right? lol
You can never have too many expensive props to go with your costume. :lol:
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Myshadowstar wrote:would you make yourself or see about finding someone to do it? it is very sweet looking
I don't know much about electronics so I would have to see if anyone does that and actually sells it.
Jaster wrote:You can never have too many expensive props to go with your costume. :lol:
I know, knowing how I am I will probably cave in because I do love shiny new toys. lol
Jay-gon Jinn
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Jay-gon Jinn »

Mira_Darkstar wrote:
Myshadowstar wrote:or save up and next year get that one :) can always upgrade
Decisions.... decisions....even though I'd be carrying around a kick butt lightsaber it would be nifty to have a blaster that had a sound card and light like this creation I found on the FX-Saber forums:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22482.0
The Blaster Core in that blaster omes from the same guy I get the Crystal Focus Saber Core and Petit Crouton lightsaber controller boards from, and it is definitely awesome, but somewhat hard to get and due to erv hand soldering all of the joints on the boards....although he did just get an oven and heat controller so he can do reflow soldering on the pcb components to be able to produce 12 boards at once...should increase the availability of all of his electronics products. I may be able to get a blaster core for you if decide to get the blaster first....I happen to be one of his "affiliates" which means I can order them from him, rather than participate in the feeding frenzy that happens when he places products for sale on his site. :thumbs: I can only order them at certain times of the year though.....

I have also been working on an MHS based version of the Mara hilt, which for the hilt alone, would be around $100 empty. It all depends on how accurate the hilt needs to be for the 501st standards. Anyone know?
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

Jay-Gon, a lightsaber is not needed to be approved. For what is/is not, every one doing a EU costume should go to FSE forums.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Jay-gon Jinn wrote:I have also been working on an MHS based version of the Mara hilt, which for the hilt alone, would be around $100 empty. It all depends on how accurate the hilt needs to be for the 501st standards. Anyone know?
From FSE requirements as optional but make the costume that much better ^_^
"Lightsaber:
* Acceptable hilts include Vader's style, or hilts designed to match reference images from the comics or Decipher cards.
* The Luke Skywalker style hilt is not allowed.
* If bladed, the lightsaber blade must be red, purple, or magenta. "
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Also Jay-gon do you have pic of what you have done so far?
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Jaster »

I have a Hasbro DL-44 that I was thinking of doing something with, but changed my mind. If you're interested, I can bring it to the armor party on Saturday.
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Jaster wrote:I have a Hasbro DL-44 that I was thinking of doing something with, but changed my mind. If you're interested, I can bring it to the armor party on Saturday.
Well Atreydies79 sent a PM to me a few days ago about find some (the toy ones I think) for real cheap and bought a few for both of us to play with. And that will tide me over until I decide if I want to go the route of the fun sound and light one. :p

But if you would like to bring your to the party so I can measure it to work on the holster that would be a great help to me! Maybe I'll even bring my stuff to work on the holster too. ^_^
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Jaster »

I might be working on a holster myself, so I'll have my leather working gear with me.