Voice amp/breathing sounds needed

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Darth Katz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 35289

Voice amp/breathing sounds needed

Post by Darth Katz »

I ventured over to Radio Shack again today and cannot find a voice amp system. I am looking for something that would amp the breathing sound of Vader. Also, possibly do some voices. What system works?
I found Lumpy's old thread of suggesting R. Shack's #277-1008c(10w or 12w speakers), could not find it in-store and did searches- found nothing. (I would love Hyperdyne's system, of anyone has one for sale).

Thanks!
:thumbs:
Vader: So, you have accepted the truth.

Darth Katz
ROTJ Vader: Guest Status
Imperial Crewman
Great Lakes Base Jedi

White Stormtrooper-WIP. Armor arrives on 3-4-19. Almost done!
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Re: Voice amp/breathing sounds needed

Post by Kal »

Darth Katz wrote:I ventured over to Radio Shack again today and cannot find a voice amp system. I am looking for something that would amp the breathing sound of Vader. Also, possibly do some voices. What system works?
I found Lumpy's old thread of suggesting R. Shack's #277-1008c(10w or 12w speakers), could not find it in-store and did searches- found nothing. (I would love Hyperdyne's system, of anyone has one for sale).

Thanks!
:thumbs:

If you just want the breathing, check ebay for an Amp if you can not find one in the shack, get a cheapo MP3player, down load the breathing and play on loop.

For voice systems, check or ask on the SLD, you will have better luck there. A Hyperdyne (last I heard) could be in the $500 price range. To me it is notworth it, but it is your call.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
Darth Katz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 35289

Post by Darth Katz »

Thanks Kal! Yes, I found Hyperdyne is making them again. I have Pm'd and emailed him. Hope I get one of the bunch he made......
Vader: So, you have accepted the truth.

Darth Katz
ROTJ Vader: Guest Status
Imperial Crewman
Great Lakes Base Jedi

White Stormtrooper-WIP. Armor arrives on 3-4-19. Almost done!
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

I had a Hyperdyne and got rid of it. There was nothing really wrong with it, just a personal preference. I inherited enough of my father's "Voice of God" that I can pass enough for Vader to satisfy most people at events. Being a woman, I would assume the same can not be said for you :wink: . It works well. You will still need an mp3 player that you would loop the breathing sound and a speaker (the ones I was talking about are sold on many of the detachment forums and they are AWESOME!!!!
SlvrCrest
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4617

Post by SlvrCrest »

Kal wrote:get a cheapo MP3player, down load the breathing and play on loop.
Just be careful on what else you put on it, we don't need a Vader singing "Don't You Want Me" or something like that. I think one of our Vader's had that happen and had to make a run for the back room. :lol:
Jedi Master Kolban Gryph-Lyn
TS-4617
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

SlvrCrest wrote:
Just be careful on what else you put on it, we don't need a Vader singing "Don't You Want Me" or something like that. I think one of our Vader's had that happen and had to make a run for the back room. :lol:
The playlist (for the record) was "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels followed by "Munah Munah" by the Muppets!! We got a good chuckle out of that one. Vader (not me) found that the problem was that his mp3 player was inside the top of his helmet and got shuffled when he turned his head too quickly. :lol: :lol:
Myshadowstar
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 7957

Post by Myshadowstar »

lol whoops there isn't a youtube vid of that somewhere is there ;)
"Only the Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men..."

Myshadowstar

------------
Old Republic Jedi- complete
Imperial Officer- complete

DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Myshadowstar wrote:lol whoops there isn't a youtube vid of that somewhere is there ;)
LMAOROTF!!! yah, really! that would a riot to watch over and over again! :rotflmao:
CT/ID-7859
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

"I got Rickrolled by Vader....!" would be the capper.
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3411

Post by Mama_Wags »

Lumpy wrote:
SlvrCrest wrote:
The playlist (for the record) was "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by Charlie Daniels followed by "Munah Munah" by the Muppets!! We got a good chuckle out of that one. Vader (not me) found that the problem was that his mp3 player was inside the top of his helmet and got shuffled when he turned his head too quickly. :lol: :lol:
That was quite funny! Couldn't figure out why he was running through the crowd back to the dressing room. Cracked up when I heard it!! :rotflmao:

Jackie