TB Scout trooper upgrade

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Titus3643
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 3643

TB Scout trooper upgrade

Post by Titus3643 »

im going to cut to the chase here people

im looking to upgrade my rubies bucket from my scout trooper outfit to a much lighter better looking ABS one, there's a number of sites where i can get them and the prices very so i was wondering if anyone had a recommend on who or where to buy from or if some one had a ABS helmet i could buy off them.

also im looking to upgrade my boots i made mine from scratch and even then it cost me a pretty penny on my college budget but they wore down and truth fully need to be redone. if anyone has a pair to sell, recommend some one who makes them or a better tutorial that i found again would much appreciated

and on a side note to other TB'S out there i have a hard time keeping the white soft good under the front breastplate its not in a vest format yet tho i plan on doing that and im guessing that would be the best solution for the issue but until then any temporary fixes?

id much rather deal with people in the garrison first. money really shouldn't be an issue with Christmas coming up and all plus my nice army compensation rolling in soon.

thanks again for anyone who can help on this one.
cheers! :cheers:
you cant see it but were smiling under our helmets.
http://www.facebook.com/ztitus
-Biker Scout 100%
-Tusken raider 100% (pending approval)
-gonk droid 100%
-MSE Droid 100%
-Wed Treadwell 70%
-TFU2 Star Killer 30%
masteroftheforce
Garrison XO
Garrison XO
Legion ID: 8806

Re: TB Scout trooper upgrade

Post by masteroftheforce »

An easy solution to the cummerbund staying under the breast plate would be to put some Velcro where you want it to stay. That works great for me. I also have a few snaps that I've attached to the inside of the cummerbund to help support the Velcro and have had no problems at all.

For boots, if you don't want to make them yourself again, I'd suggest Ghost over at Bikerscout.net. I believe he's still doing them. If not, I'm sure there are others on there that make them. I'm not sure of the price.

For an abs helmet, your most accurate bet would probably be a KS helmet. More info on that can be found at BS.N as well.

Hope that helps,
Shelbi
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Kropserkel helmet is ABS, will run you about $180 for a kit you have to assemble (and which I've heard from several people can be a real bugger to assemble if you don't know what you're doing). You can buy an assembled KS kit for an extra $100 or so (I might be a bit off on the numbers, but that's what it was when I was in the market for a better bucket for my TB). There are several people here who have bought and assembled KS helmets so they can chime in if they so choose.
Another option is the MonCal helmet. It is sturdier than the KS, but also more expensive - and to be honest (and there are people here who can support this point as well) MonCal is developing a bit of a reputation for being VERY SLOW in getting parts to people. Sometimes you catch him on a good turn, but if not, it can be a long wait.

As for boots, Ghost (Ross from Florida) does a nice job as doel Marcel from Europe. Having them make you boots will run about $140 or so. There are tutorials on the Pathfinder web site (bikerscout.net) if you want to try it yourself again.

I agree on the velcro. Figure out where it needs to be, then put one side onto the flightsuit (or vest) and the other onto the inside of the cumberbund. That should hold it in place. I don't have that problem myself, as my cumberbund is tight enough (and getting tighter all the time) to stay in place itself.
Titus3643
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Titus3643 »

well great ill get right on the hook and loop and snaps with the cummerbund

as for the boots could either of you send me the contact info for either of the boot makers if they still make them?

yah i heard about the moncal guys being slow so ill pass on that its come down to two different company's studio creations and Kropserkel, studio is where i bought my armor kit and they were really nice and very quick they have a pre assembled helmet for 180 but it doesn't come with any of the decals which in my part was an issue to hunt down before. kropserkel its 180 un assembled but comes with every thing. opinions? should i get the already assembled one with studio or get the kropserkel un-assembled? they're both ABS
-Biker Scout 100%
-gonk droid 100%
-MSE Droid 100%
-Wed Treadwell 70%
-TFU2 Star Killer 30%
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

You can get accurate decals from tk45010s website for $18.00

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/tk4510_decals.html

Personally, the lack of aggrivation in not having to put the helmet together would be worth it.
Titus3643
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Titus3643 »

i agree

great and that helps a lot
-Biker Scout 100%
-gonk droid 100%
-MSE Droid 100%
-Wed Treadwell 70%
-TFU2 Star Killer 30%
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Bahhh... ya lazy bunch of gits!!! lol. The KS build isnt that bad. For the extra franklin, you can do the work, its not too bad. You already have a approved helmet, buy the kit and spend some time learnin yourself some plastic- :thumbs:

Seriously though, its not all that bad. You have to to a lot of sanding and trimming and a good bit of fitting, but it gives you a good sense of "hey, I made this".

Although, I did love Shelbi's Mon Cal. Loved painting that thing. It was pretty!!! :oops:

Hey, I have a KS kit and I am learning myself. If you get the kit and want to learn together, let me know. Im about 60% into it. Its a lot of fun doin the work yourself. :thumbs:
Pesci
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Pesci »

I own both a KS and MonCal Ver.1 (Fiberglass) helmet. The KS is much lighter and allows you more mobility than the heavier Fiberglass one, but I like the look of the MonCal Helmet a little more.....looks a little meaner if you ask me. The KS is easy to take on and off and can handle more abuse since it is is ABS plastic. I'm still on the lookout for an original Altmann's helmet though. :D

Marcel 4505 on BSN (Bikerscout. net) website has fantastic boots!! Well made and durable. The average turnouround time is no more than 2 weeks. I own a pair and LOVE THEM!!!

I sewed heavy nylon 2" straps to the top of my Cumberbun to hold it up. Sort of like trouser suspenders not allowing the cumberbun to slip down after long troops or moving around. Since I've sewn them on it's never once fallen down leaving a gap between the chestplate and the cumberbun.

Pesci
Pesci
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper"!? - "YES, but NOT a Bikerscout"!!