Senate Commando?

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Senate Commando?

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

I'm working on a Senate Guard for my husband, which still isn't finished, however, while at Motor City Comic Con, he started getting bit by the "Commando bug". But, our base already has all four of the Deltas...so we sort of put the idea out of our heads. Until tonight I was doing a search for Senate Guard stuff and what do I come across: Senate Commandos (we don't get that channel on cable so we can't watch all the Clone Wars eps). Does anyone know if there are senate commando armor makers out there? What would we do to find senate commando armor/helmet/etc...?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Senate_Commando

We're thinking possibly Captain Jayfon (name is pretty much perfect, too!)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jayfon
~Rachel
Blizz
Legion ID: 8192

Re: Senate Commando?

Post by Blizz »

YES there is! There are several made already or being made right now! Check out the following websites:

http://www.clonetroopers.net
http://www.clone-empire.com
http://www.animated-army.com

I know of one guy that is making the helmets right now!

I actually thought of doing this costume! I love it!!!! :thumbs:

Hope this helps!
BLIZZ
TI-8192 (100%)
TC-8192 (Retired - For Now)
501st / Great Lakes Garrison / Jolly Rogers
"We Fly - You DIE!"
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

Thanks for the links, Blizz. I had found the clonetroopers.net and signed Jason up for that (username is Captain Jayfon ;)).

Have you heard of TZA armor and helmets? How are they? If they're good, do they have a website? I saw that he makes animated clone armor (what Jason would need for Jayfon) and he also makes the larger left shoulder bell and the helmet. I sent him a PM through the RPF, but haven't heard back yet.
~Rachel
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

TZA doesn't have a website yet, but Foo and I know him pretty well. Foo's and Adam's Omega builds have been done with TZA. I know a few other people who can help put Jason together should he decide to go Commando :wink:
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

He has decided that he does want to do the Senate Commando, specifically Captain Jayfon. So, we'll take all the help and guidance we can get! :thumbs:
~Rachel
Blizz

Post by Blizz »

Mieal_Deneb wrote:He has decided that he does want to do the Senate Commando, specifically Captain Jayfon. So, we'll take all the help and guidance we can get! :thumbs:
Sorry Rachel, I don't know TZA, and sounds like Jaster wants to help. So, you might want to talk to him.

I know several other guys on the boards that could help with the armor, might even be able to get it cheaper, and then you could get the helmet and shoulder bell from TZA.

If Jason would like some local help, since I did build my Clone armor, and helped several others with theirs, I would be more than willing to help him! I have a new shop in my third stall of my garage and could point him in the right direction. Plus I have started a new project that I could work on at the same time.

Anyway, let me know. :thumbs:
BLIZZ
TI-8192 (100%)
"We Fly - You DIE!"
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

KwDesigns makes, in my opinion, the best looking animated Clone Armor. Of course, they are also pricey. But thick and durable.

You could also get ahold of Stormtrooper guy. He makes very nice stuff as well. There are a few build threads going on him right now and here is the link to some of them.

http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?showforum=111

If I can be any help let me know :thumbs:
Blizz

Post by Blizz »

Wags wrote:KwDesigns makes, in my opinion, the best looking animated Clone Armor. Of course, they are also pricey. But thick and durable.

You could also get ahold of Stormtrooper guy. He makes very nice stuff as well. There are a few build threads going on him right now and here is the link to some of them.

http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?showforum=111

If I can be any help let me know :thumbs:
I have to agree with WAGS, I love KwDesigns stuff, but it is pricey!

I just spoke with Stormtrooper Guy not too long ago and he was taking a break from making armor for a little bit. He was supposed to contact me when he was ready to do them again. Just a heads up! :thumbs:
BLIZZ
TI-8192 (100%)
"We Fly - You DIE!"
Lou3433
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3433

Post by Lou3433 »

Blizz wrote:
Mieal_Deneb wrote:He has decided that he does want to do the Senate Commando, specifically Captain Jayfon. So, we'll take all the help and guidance we can get! :thumbs:
Sorry Rachel, I don't know TZA, and sounds like Jaster wants to help. So, you might want to talk to him.

I know several other guys on the boards that could help with the armor, might even be able to get it cheaper, and then you could get the helmet and shoulder bell from TZA.

If Jason would like some local help, since I did build my Clone armor, and helped several others with theirs, I would be more than willing to help him! I have a new shop in my third stall of my garage and could point him in the right direction. Plus I have started a new project that I could work on at the same time.

Anyway, let me know. :thumbs:

I'm sure I could lend a hand as well. :D
Lou Rodriquez
Blizz

Post by Blizz »

That would be fun Lou! I would like to talk to you some time soon anyway! Let me know when you are free. :thumbs:
BLIZZ
TI-8192 (100%)
"We Fly - You DIE!"
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Blizz wrote: I just spoke with Stormtrooper Guy not too long ago and he was taking a break from making armor for a little bit. He was supposed to contact me when he was ready to do them again. Just a heads up! :thumbs:
There is also some crazed GLG armor maker that is doing a run of WCA toon armor this summer also.
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

Our budget is pretty small, but we don't want junk either. We're in no hurry, but would love all the help we can get. Thanks guys! Sounds like an armor party is in the future. :D
~Rachel
Blizz

Post by Blizz »

Terrell78 wrote:
Blizz wrote: I just spoke with Stormtrooper Guy not too long ago and he was taking a break from making armor for a little bit. He was supposed to contact me when he was ready to do them again. Just a heads up! :thumbs:
There is also some crazed GLG armor maker that is doing a run of WCA toon armor this summer also.
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! Put me on the want list if you know this crazed GLG armor maker!!!!!! :D
BLIZZ
TI-8192 (100%)
"We Fly - You DIE!"
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

What's the price for the toon armor? Obviously, Jason won't need the clone helmet.
~Rachel
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

I'll be posting a thread in the 501st/RL forum shortly.
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

Awesome, thanks! (Can you post a link when you do?)
~Rachel