Blaster Question.

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Blaster Question.

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

While waiting for my name to be up on the waiting list and my Armor to arrive, I figured that I would start on a Blaster. I was reviewing the base options on whitearmor.net, and am a bit confused. In the tutorial section, it lists a Kenner or Hasbro with DoopyDos conversion as acceptable, but then in the Requirements section for some Troops it specifically states "Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions." Am I missing something?
Also, what are most using as their E-11's???
Thanks.
Last edited by n0c00lgamertag on Sat May 21, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: Blaster Question.

Post by Terrell78 »

The requirements are color coded, the red that say Hasbro conversions are not allowed are for Centurion which is two steps above Legion minimums.

I've had a Hasbro, resin cast, and Hyperfirm E-11. Hyperfirm wins hands down. It costs a little more but can't break or wear out.
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

That makes it more clear. I will check into both.
Thanks.
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

I also have a Hasbro and a Hyperfirm. Like Terrell says, the Hyperfirm wins hands down. It's made out of a rubbery material and is very durable.

Make sure you try to contact them through the FISD. They are usually harder to reach through their website. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

I couldn't find anyway to locate a Hyperfirm, and will dig deeper into the FISD for a link. I did notice that the FISD pointed toward Doopydoos.com, and I found some nice looking ones there. Both kits and resin casts and was curious if there were any of those running around...
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

Was able to contact the Hyperfirm seller and he has a couple on hand. So Hyperfirm it is. Ordering soon.