E6000 Questions

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

E6000 Questions

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

Hello. Just started my first TK build yesterday. I am currently working on one of the biceps (I am using the cover strip method, both inside and out) and have two E6000 questions...

1) When using the E6000 for assembly, is it best to take a "less is more" approach or should I cake it on.

2) If some of the glue should happen to squish out in a little bead onto a surface, how do I/will I be able to get that off?

I am aware that all glued surfaces need to be clamped and left alone for 24 hours.

Thanks all.
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: E6000 Questions

Post by Terrell78 »

Less is more and use it like a contact cement for best results. Put a thin film on both pieces, let it sit for a couple minutes then stick them together and clamp.

If you get some extra seeping out you can trim it off after it cures carefully with a hobby knife or razor blade.
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

Awesome. That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

Also, abrade the surface on which you're applying the glue. A couple of light swishes with sandpaper to scuff it up will be sufficient.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Terrell78 wrote:If you get some extra seeping out you can trim it off after it cures carefully with a hobby knife or razor blade.
i've been able to just pull it out by hand after leaving it to dry for a few minutes. no need to use a razor blade or anything, unless you have A LOT of it built up. :wink:
CT/ID-7859