Marine Build

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
SHIMKO
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0130

Marine Build

Post by SHIMKO »

Well I want to get my Colonial Marine Costume back up and running...So I am going to start this project. Any other USCM's in this area, or anybody that wants to do one together? Let me know.

Jay
Medve
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1703

Re: Marine Build

Post by Medve »

Jay-, I'd be interested in making one... :thumbs:
Pants are evil and must be destroyed
http://www.facebook.com/ujvariart
SHIMKO
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by SHIMKO »

Awesome!!! Lets do this! :thumbs:
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

You're talking "Aliens", right? I started but decided to put it on hold while I did my clone. All I have is the pulse rifle. Don't have the $$ to finish it right now.are you getting your stuff from Spat?
CT/ID-7859
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Haven't seen any USCM around here in a long time. Glad to see a little group forming. You can fight our Predators. :mrgreen:
Medve
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Medve »

Mr Fett wrote:Haven't seen any USCM around here in a long time. Glad to see a little group forming. You can fight our Predators. :mrgreen:
:thumbs:
Medve
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Medve »

DeafTrooper wrote:You're talking "Aliens", right? I started but decided to put it on hold while I did my clone. All I have is the pulse rifle. Don't have the $$ to finish it right now.are you getting your stuff from Spat?
Yeah, it's Aliens. :) I am still researching armor makers. I have heard mixed reviews about Spat...any advice or direction from anyone is appreciated.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

I bought Spat's pulse rifle kit and it's pretty good. Turn around time for him is pretty long, according to his site. If anyone here talks to Albin Johnson, we could always ask him for an opinion, as his wife is friends with Spat.

I have a bunch of links saved on my computer, but unfortunately, we are living with my parents until we close on the house and it's sitting in storage for now.
CT/ID-7859
SHIMKO
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by SHIMKO »

I have owned spat armor before and I bought another set from somebody else, not the best but ok. No need to contact albin, I know spat also. His turn around time for armor is 6.to 9 months. You can sometimes find a set on the aliens legacy board or on the rpf like I did.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

SHIMKO wrote:I have owned spat armor before and I bought another set from somebody else, not the best but ok.
How was Spat's armor? Seems like his is good, from what I've heard. I also like that he now has the movie accurate camo.

EDIT: oh wait...did you mean Spat's wasn't the best or the other guy? Sorry, I'm half asleep here. :whatthe:
SHIMKO wrote:No need to contact albin, I know spat also.
Ok. Wasn't sure if anybody knew him or not. Thought I'd throw that out there, just in case. :wink:

Also, if you guys are looking for the lights that go on the back of the armor, I also found a guy that makes both working and non-working versions. He doesn't include the mounting brackets but told me to just use L-brackets from a hardware store.
CT/ID-7859
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

If I can get some dimensions, I can pull something together. Let me know Shimko!!
SHIMKO
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by SHIMKO »

My armor should be here next week...I have the safariflage already...Still need Jungle Boots, dog tags, and pulse Rifle. I have a pop gun used for Belt tool and ammo for smart guns..I might cast it for us.

I am going to repaint my armor, i have some of the Humbrol paint, but I might take it into a paint store and get a computer match. I am customizing my armor like I did before, with the fett skull on one of the shoulders and the fett chest emblem on my chest.

There is a font on the Alienslegacy board for the name fonts on the chest, i have to do that also.

"STAY SHARP!"
Tubby Tusken
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 5068

Post by Tubby Tusken »

Hey I was checking out ebay and found this and thought I would pass it on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DECAL-SET-FOR-M ... 4ab7553d93