Guinevere Costume (WIP) *Pic Heavy*

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mira_Darkstar
GLG Member
GLG Member

Guinevere Costume (WIP) *Pic Heavy*

Post by Mira_Darkstar »

Okay, so I am working on a new non Star Wars costume. It is Guinevere's battle costume from the King Arthur movie that was released in 2004. Here is what it looks like for those of you not familiar with the movie.

So for the pants I have bought a linen fabric that I have dyed to more closely match the color in the movie. First thing you have to do when planning on dying a fabric is do test swatches.

Next a trip to Tandy was in order and I came away with a ton of leather straps and scraps.
Left Gauntlet, Top Belt & Scrap Belt pieces.
Right Gauntlet
Right Upper Arm Scrap
Belt Scraps

I worked this weekend on the Left Gauntlet. I made a pattern out of cardboard that was roughly the same thickness as the leather. I tailored it to my arm size, dyed and sealed the leather. I just need to wait for some Sintra to arrive and the tan lacing so that I can finish this part.

I also worked on the Right Gauntlet. I also made a pattern for this one, I am waiting to finish this once I have the correct size grommets.

This greater portion of this weekend was spent on figuring out the pattern and amount of strands for the shoulder straps on the top. After some experimenting with scrap leather I have figured each shoulder requires 14 strands of about 54" each. (I may adjust the starting length based on how the first one goes.)
Tests
Actual Shoulder strap in progress.

More progress yet to come.
Last edited by Mira_Darkstar on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costumes: Mara Jade, Slave Leia, and Rey.
Sleg
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9317

Re: Quinevere Costume (WIP) *Pic Heavy*

Post by Sleg »

Amazing work as usual Anna!
TK/DZ/BH/TS -9317
501st Legion
Great Lakes Garrison

R2 Builder Club
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: Quinevere Costume (WIP) *Pic Heavy*

Post by Terrell78 »

Wow you are really moving. Can't wait to see it done.
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Re: Guinevere Costume (WIP) *Pic Heavy*

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

That bra thing just does not look comfortable! 'Course I'm a bit bigger than Keira... :roll: Anxious to see more of your progress, Anna. It looks stunning so far!
~Rachel