TK armor notes and questions

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Darth Katz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 35289

TK armor notes and questions

Post by Darth Katz »

Just trying to get the word out. If anybody has connections to anyone selling TK armor (female-5"7), (and yes I am posting on the White Armor site) can they please let me know. I dont know which version is the easiest (easiest for someone who just owns a hammer and wrenches) to do, so any comments about that would be great also. Or any other help would be great also!
Thanks! :thumbs:
Vader: So, you have accepted the truth.

Darth Katz
ROTJ Vader: Guest Status
Imperial Crewman
Great Lakes Base Jedi

White Stormtrooper-WIP. Armor arrives on 3-4-19. Almost done!
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Re: TK armor notes and questions

Post by Mowskwoz »

Darth Katz wrote:Just trying to get the word out. If anybody has connections to anyone selling TK armor (female-5"7), (and yes I am posting on the White Armor site) can they please let me know.
Contact "Terrell78" here on our boards
Darth Katz wrote:I dont know which version is the easiest (easiest for someone who just owns a hammer and wrenches) to do, so any comments about that would be great also.
Most Stormtrooper builds are the same. So, no matter which "version" you choose, it's roughly the same build.

Here's what I told you earlier in a PM
Mowskwoz wrote:At your height you may have to do a little extra trimming on the armor but it should work, no problem. You will want to go with the movie sized armor (ATA, AP, etc..) instead of the larger armor(RT, AM, etc..). You will not need any special equipment to build it. Most of the work can be done with a blade(exacto), sandpaper and some glue. However, a Dremel is a great investment and can speed up the build.
If the thought of a Stormtrooper build is too intimidating(and you're itching to get trooping quicker), why not try a "softer" costume with less armor to work with?

As I stated in the same PM I mentioned above
Mowskwoz wrote:If a TK seems like too much work(which it can be), there are easier costumes out there. Many require just a few items to complete them. A few even share the same components(Jumpsuit, boots, belt, etc...) and with just a few pieces changed out you would have a few different costumes.
If you would like to discuss some of the other alternatives, send me a PM with your phone number and a good time to call. I can go over the different options with you and give you a point in the right direction. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder