Three trooper questions to answer, and go!

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
TJSLIMTROOPER

Three trooper questions to answer, and go!

Post by TJSLIMTROOPER »

1 – What series of armor do you recommend and why? – Ideally, I want a good build from the start, no regrets later and seasoned members would be able to provide invaluable insight.

2 – Most forums read to me like I would imagine my grandparents felt with stereo instructions. I’m at a loss and have no idea what the difference is between certain rivets and other mods would make. I’m 5-9, 160lbs if that helps in the process. Who should I look to buy what from? At this point, I have not purchased a single item to begin my build and don’t want to move forward until I know where I should head.

3 – I’d rather avoid dealing with painting and decals if possible, any recommendations or feedback?

I'm more than willing to put in the time, effort and $ to do it right the first time around. I've been a fan for a long time and until a few weeks ago, hadn't been aware anything like this even existed. Thanks again to all who have pm'd, chatted, etc. to get me to this point. :-)
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Re: Three trooper questions to answer, and go!

Post by Mowskwoz »

TJSLIMTROOPER wrote:1 – What series of armor do you recommend and why? – Ideally, I want a good build from the start, no regrets later and seasoned members would be able to provide invaluable insight.
ATA - Reputable dealer, quality armor, fair price(it's not called Affordable Trooper Armor for nothing) and he is local.
TJSLIMTROOPER wrote:2 – Most forums read to me like I would imagine my grandparents felt with stereo instructions. I’m at a loss and have no idea what the difference is between certain rivets and other mods would make. I’m 5-9, 160lbs if that helps in the process. Who should I look to buy what from? At this point, I have not purchased a single item to begin my build and don’t want to move forward until I know where I should head.
It takes time but reading, taking notes and reading some more really helps. I spent a few months researching before making my first purchase. Knowledge is power. By your stats, you are the perfect size for a Stormtrooper. All of the accurate armors will fit you well.
TJSLIMTROOPER wrote:3 – I’d rather avoid dealing with painting and decals if possible, any recommendations or feedback?
To avoid a lot of painting, go with ABS instead of HIPS(Styrene). A little painting and/or decals is unavoidable as the details(helmet details and ab buttons) must be done by one or both methods. The only way to completely cut that step out is to buy a finished suit and helmet. Unfortunately, unless you are the exact build of the person you buy it from, you will need to make many adjustments. Even if you are the same build, it's possibly you will still need to adjust.

It's always best to build from scratch. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder