New Biker Scout

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Nendawen08

New Biker Scout

Post by Nendawen08 »

Hey guys,

I'm new to cosplay and would like to get some info on where to get the armor for a Biker Scout.

Also, if I were to paint it black or camo would that effect membership? Thanks! :thumbs:
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Re: New Biker Scout

Post by stasz »

You'll want to sign up on bikerscout.net for all things biker scout :)

There are also variants in spec ops, like the Shadow Scout (all black) the Swamp Trooper (green) and the camo Scout would most likely be the Kashyyyk Trooper. While not exactly the same as the ROTJ biker, it's similar and camo.

As long as your costume meets at least the minimum requirements and fits well you shouldn't have a problem with approval.

Everyone is very helpful, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Good luck!
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Yes.

READ READ READ READ READ!!!!

The Biker Scout standards have really gotten ramped up over the past couple years so there is a lot more involved than there used to be. Do your research on the Biker Scout forums and see what you feel like going with.
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

Yes. Research and do NOT buy from KS.
Zark
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 15255

Post by Zark »

Check bikerscout.net for all the info. Plus there is a few scout on these boards.
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 11105

Post by Brewski »

Nendawen08 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm new to cosplay and would like to get some info on where to get the armor for a Biker Scout.

Also, if I were to paint it black or camo would that effect membership? Thanks! :thumbs:
Welcome!!! First let me start by saying we "Troop" vs cosplay :wink: Many of the fun things we do with the 501st are Charity based and not all based at conventions. In the end you still armor up and have fun. As for painting your costume I urge you to be cautious and do research. There are different variations of Bike Scout that you can do. If you are looking at a standard Scout from ROTJ you need to stick with white (can add weathering if you want). There are black and camo versions, but there are armor differences. Below are the different types of Scouts and their 501st Standards:

TB Regular Biker Scout:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... ut_trooper

CB Kashyyk Scout Trooper (ROTS) This is a Camo Variant:
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... yk_trooper

TX Shadow Scout (Black armor):
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TX_shadow_scout
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
Conner
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 21712

Post by Conner »

yes read as much as you can.. I've been lurking and reading for the better part of one year and I'm still finding out new things. :shock:
BikerScoutDawn
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 40795

Post by BikerScoutDawn »

As a scout myself all I can say is read, read, read and join bikerscout.net I love my suit from studio creations . Figure out what style you want to go with then research and ask questions. Best of luck
TB 40795