Episode VII costumes

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

Re: Episode VII costumes

Post by Johnny »

Be careful spending big $$ on parts that may not be CRL approvable. As of now, the only episode 7 costume that has guidelines (that I know of) is the new Stormtrooper. Worst case scenario you may need to replace/re-purchase parts of your final costume for approval.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Flash wrote:Kylo Ren doesn't appear to be very tall either. So there could be an army of Kylo Rens walking around. :lol:
Adam Driver is 6'3".
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Just know that if you do the work yourself, make it look accurate, it wont cost you a million dollars. We did Mike's Vader for under $1k. But we made almost everything. Taught ourselves to sew. Made all the soft parts and bought only a couple parts. A inaccurate helmet and spent some time making it approve able. Ya just have to put the time and research in.
scavenger
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by scavenger »

I've just finished my Rey Full Scavenger, and have just gotten it approved! :-)
Girl Power run AMOK!!!
DoobieWanCoyote
Legion ID: 43078

Post by DoobieWanCoyote »

Im 90% done with my kylo. I think im done with my helmet. No im not. Yes i am. Lol. Compleated is the neckseal shirt with pleated sleaves and waxed, pleated outer tunic. Outter coat, gloves, belt (besides saber clip ), boots are in transit. Midcoat is about 75%finished. Hood,scarf, capelet is about the same.let me tell you. This is not an easy costume to make or wear! But is well worth it!