Armor assistance Mid Michigan

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Kiteboarder85

Armor assistance Mid Michigan

Post by Kiteboarder85 »

Hello- I've been looking at trooper costumes to have fun with my sons (3.5 and 6 months). I came across the 501st then found myself here at my local Great Lakes Garrison. I really like all of the charity work that I see and its something I can see myself possibly getting into.

A friend of mine out of state hooked me up with a guy named Clinton that sells the AM 2.0 kit. From my understanding there will be some additional work needed if I purchase a kit.

Is there someone locally that could possibly help me out if I purchase a kit? Or, is there a readily built armor kit available?

I'm 6'1" and 188 LB

Looking forward to feedback- this is my first post.

Billy Brown
Freeland,MI
Kiteboarder85@gmail.com
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Armor assistance Mid Michigan

Post by DeafTrooper »

Welcome! Yes, we have a local guy that sells ATA stormtrooper armor. As I understand it, the AM kits are for huskier people. You want to head on over to http://www.whitearmor.net. That is our stormtrooper detachment. The detachments are character-specific web sites we have where you can find armor makers and all the info on how to put it all together. Do your research on finding which kit is right for you, as they are not all the same. :wink:

It's better to build from a kit rather than getting a fully assembled kit, as armor is not 1-size fits all. Sometimes someone will sell their old costume they don't want anymore. If you go that route, you want to make sure the seller is close to your body type. Even then, you might have to make some modifications.

Here is the CRL (costume reference library) for all the different variations of stormtrooper armor: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL
CT/ID-7859
Kiteboarder85

Post by Kiteboarder85 »

Hi! Thank you. I've been all over the whitearmor.net sit and I feel like I'm getting no where. Maybe I don't know where I'm looking.

Who is the local guy selling the ATA armor?
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Look in the "getting started" section on the white armor site. They list all the different armor types and vendors.
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Oh, and talk to Terrell on this forum. :wink:
CT/ID-7859
Dankelzaga
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60688

Post by Dankelzaga »

Hey there...I sent you a message. You are right in my neck of the woods. We have a wonderful group of members all within 30 minutes of your locations. As others have stated, take things a step at a time and put the numerous sources of information that are available to use. Some incredible forums and helpful advice from masters of this stuff. Best of luck!
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

Hiya, Billy!

I'm right down the street in Bay City. Like Dan said, we've got a little crew here in Mid Michigan, and one of us is even a TK!

I'm a Scout, so I don't have experience with full body armor, but a couple guys here do. I'd be happy to help where I can. Glad to have another Trooper nearby!

Good luck on your build.
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
Kiteboarder85

Post by Kiteboarder85 »

Hi there!

Very cool to see others so close. Do you guys have any type of local Facebook page or anything? I'm really wanting to begin a kit build soon and I'm hoping I can use you guys for local help when needed. I'd hate to mess up such expensive armor. Can you Send me an email stasz? Kiteboarder85@gmail.com

-Billy
FuzzyVelcro
Rebel Legion Member
Rebel Legion Member

Post by FuzzyVelcro »

Billy the Great Lakes Garrison Facebook page can be found here, https://www.facebook.com/greatlakesgarrison?fref=ts

Good luck with your build! :)
BBC527
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52705

Post by BBC527 »

Billy,
I'm one of the other guys, right here in the area, just down the road from you in Midland. I'm always available for questions and help.

I've built a few Clones, and worked on some TK armor. I'm also in the process of building something for my wife, so there is anythign you need, let me know.
Kiteboarder85

Post by Kiteboarder85 »

Hi William- thanks for sending me the Facebook request!