Field Medic Clone concept and build

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Phantom Medic

Field Medic Clone concept and build

Post by Phantom Medic »

Hi guys. I wanted to build a Star Wars Costume this year, but none of the standard costumes (I.e. A Stormtrooper or clone trooper) appealed to me because they were done so many times. I wanted to build something different when I remebered a scene in Episode III where a clone trooper is kneeling over a wounded clone, beckoning a medic. I started to wonder what would a Clone Field Medic (as I call them CFM's) and a Imperial CFM would look like. If you've seen anything that could help me or have any tips on building it, feel free to post. But I am wondering if anyone out there has seen anyone compleat a CFM build. If you have please tell me. Or even if you have some concept ideas feel free to share them. Cheers guys.
When I'm through with that Jedi, he's gonna need a Medic
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Field Medic Clone concept and build

Post by DeafTrooper »

Welcome! Only clone medic ever shown was Kix, in the Clone Wars tv show. It can only be done with animated style armor.
To the best of my knowledge, no one has done him yet. A few have been interested in doing him but I have never seen one complieted. Please keep in mind that if you are doing this for 501st membership that custom creations are not allowed. It has to be something shown in the movies, tv shows, comics or video games. If this is just something for fun, then carry on. ;) http://www.clonetroopers.net is the place to go to find an armor kit and all the info you need on how to assemble it. I'm one of the admins there.
CT/ID-7859
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Yes this is for fun. I don't think I'm too old to join the leigon yet. I'm only 14. But I'm thinking about not only doing kid, the trooper you mentioned. But also a possible phase one field medic and possibly a medic from the time era of The Force Awakens. But do you have any tips or plans for the armor worn by kix because it looks like the same armor worn by the clones during episode 3. And who knows, maybe I might add my own spin to the armor. But thanks for the help mate.
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

You still have a couple years before being able to join the legion but it never hurts to start early.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Phantom Medic wrote:But do you have any tips or plans for the armor worn by kix because it looks like the same armor worn by the clones during episode 3. And who knows, maybe I might add my own spin to the armor. But thanks for the help mate.
It's phase 2 animated style armor. With you being only 14, you are going to have a lot of saving up to do. That costume will be between $1,500 to $2,000. Armor kits can be found at the link I posted above.
CT/ID-7859
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Thanks for all the help guys. And I don't need the kit I think. I am also part of this website http://www.405th.com/ from when I built Master Chief. They use a software called "Pepakura" to build. It's free software and only requires Cardstock to use. They have plans for multiple clones there that I could use. But if all else fails then I would get a kit. But thank you all for all the help. I honestly didn't think I would get this many responses.

Granted the website I mentioned only has a compleate file for a phase 1 Clone trooper, I can use it.
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

Since this is a For Fun Build. I would check out http://www.therpf.com/star-wars-costumes-props/

There are a few people there who create Pepakura files and offer them up for free. That site does have quite a bit of traffic, so don't be affraid of using the search function.

With that said, I have been told on the Clone Trooper boards that Pepakura don't normally get approved for the 501st. They stress screen accuracy, which "could be" achieved by Pepakura armor. But it will not be easy.

Good Luck, and more importantly HAVE FUN
The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force

Old Rex - 99% (never be truely done)
Commando Rex - 75%
Anovos Classic TK - 66.59%
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

And GingerSnap yes I do have a few years to go. But I started earlier then this. I have three category's for builds I have done. Compleated, partially completed, and still in planning. My projects I have completed consist of Foxy from FNaF 1, Skyrim Dawnguard Armor, and Halo 5 Master Chief. The ones I'm working on now are TF2 Medic's Medicgun, Doctor Who NSD 2005 Dalek, and Minecraft player costume. I have three I'm starting to work on right now, Skyrim Daedric armor, Destiny Hunter class Guardian, and more recently Clone Kix. I do this for fun, also we have a ton of cardboard boxes lying around :) but I hope one day to start my own costume buisness and build props for movies. What better way to start then spending half your life in a dark basement building costumes?

And if your wondering why I have so many I'm working on right now is because somedays I might not feel like doing one costume. But also while I'm waiting for supplies or stuck on a build, working on another helps find new techniques to use.
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

One of the more prolific pepakura builders thread just popped to the to of the forum.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=122071

I hope this helps

Commando Rex - 75%
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

Are you looking to build a medic or the one from the movie? That was an airborne trooper.
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M22e ... 9&rs=0&p=0
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

My ultra it goal is to build all phases of clone Medic's. But for now since kix is the only known modle I'll start with him
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Just an FYI - Any custom costumes are not 501st approveable.
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

I know ripcode. I'm too young to join anyway. This is just for fun. But thanks anyway for the reminder. And thank you all for all the help you have given. As I compleate each section of the build I will post them here. It will be every once in a while, because I have three other projects going on, but I will try to keep you guys up tp speed with the build.
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Hey guys before I start building I have rounded down the build ideas to 2 different designs. One being kix from the animated series. The second one is this http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... oper_medic a nova trooper medic. But I have never heard of a nova trooper before. I have no idea what their pourpose is or what movie/book/tv series they were shown in. If someone could clarify this trooper group's pourpose that would be great. But let me know what you think I should build, kix or the novatrooper. Have a wonderful holiday guys and a Star Wars filled year.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Phantom Medic wrote:But I have never heard of a nova trooper before. I have no idea what their pourpose is or what movie/book/tv series they were shown in. If someone could clarify this trooper group's pourpose that would be great.
It says right on the page that it was from the Star Wars: Galaxies video game. ;)
CT/ID-7859
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Okay so what was the groups pourpose? I have decided on building the nova medic for now. But I still don't know what they were for.
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Okay guys I need some veteran opinon on this kit I found. I tried looking for other kits just to get a price idea but they were $2000. And then I came across this http://www.anovos.com/collections/star- ... -pre-order a pre-order kit of a original trilogy stormtrooper. But before anything else I'm wondering one thing, is this price worth it. I mean $650 sounds like a good deal but I'm not sure. And also this set I found for a shadow trooper http://www.anovos.com/collections/star- ... -pre-order. It's the right color but I have to add some details to it. What are your opinions on this guys? Worth it or not?
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

The price is right as long as the product is as good as it appears to be. Several of us have that kit on order. But since nobody has one in hand there is always a risk. I believe you have 1 day to order it and get the completed helmet so the clock is ticking.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

Hey Dee Oh

Not to rush you or anything, But as Flash mentioned Anovos will not be taking anymore orders on their clasic Storm Trooper after 12/31. This is so they have possible replacement parts on hand for all the pre-orders they have currently. They will still take orders on completed armors.

Now if you decide to buy this armor kit. Take a little bit and ask around if anyone has a 10% off coupon.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237337 or https://www.facebook.com/groups/838545079553903/
these are a couple of sources. You may want to try whitearmor.net and search Anovos

Now the Shadowtrooper will be made from the same molds as the Classic Stormtrooper. But since they are flooded with the Classic Stormy orders, it may be a while til you see them shipped.

I hope this helps

Commando Rex - 75%
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Thanks guys that really did help. I think I'll go for the shadow trooper model because it doesn't have the time limit for tomorrow. It might be a while before I get it, not only money wise but like you guys said they got their hands full making the suits for those who already pre-ordered. But thanks for all the help. If you guys know of any other kits cheaper please do tell me, but for now time to start saving up.