ANOVOS TK thread

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Re: ANOVOS TK thread

Post by Proto »

Hey Dee Oh

I've heard mention of an armor party to work on these kits.

I want to make sure that I don't miss out on the fun.

On a seperate, but related note... I have a box of plastic parts in my living room that is calling to me. I'm not sure how much longer I can resist. :wink:
The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force

Old Rex - 99% (never be truely done)
Commando Rex - 75%
Anovos Classic TK - 66.59%
DJtrooper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 73110

Post by DJtrooper »

I agree....we must schedule an Armor Party!
Tom Davis

"DJtrooper" TK-73110

501st Legion / Great Lakes Garrison

TK471
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0471

Post by TK471 »

Slacker reporting... I have my Anovos armor, yep, maybe now with TWO costumes.. well...

All I know, I dig the wonky helmet, can't wait to build, and look forward to having both Sandtrooper and Clean TK availability...

off the bat, the plastic (referring to the helmet)... seems a little thin? Already considering how much to dismantle/rebuild the helmet (given the heavy modifications to my MRCE)...
"Slacker!" <-- it's true
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

TK471 wrote:Slacker reporting... I have my Anovos armor, yep, maybe now with TWO costumes.. well...

All I know, I dig the wonky helmet, can't wait to build, and look forward to having both Sandtrooper and Clean TK availability...

off the bat, the plastic (referring to the helmet)... seems a little thin? Already considering how much to dismantle/rebuild the helmet (given the heavy modifications to my MRCE)...

You shouldn't have to do nearly the mods an MRCE needs for passing 501st admission. Yes, there's some little things you "could" do to make them a tiny more accurate, but overall, they look pretty nice straight out of the box, from all the pics I've been seeing online.
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

My BBB arrived today! Put on the helmet immediately like a 10-year-old, but I'm intimidated to do anything else without guidance from the experienced ones. Happy to lend my labor to any armor parties we might organize--west siders, where'd you go? Hoping like all get out to get my kit built before the 3/12 Griffins game troop! :D
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

JAYSONCOMGUY wrote:My BBB arrived today! Put on the helmet immediately like a 10-year-old, but I'm intimidated to do anything else without guidance from the experienced ones. Happy to lend my labor to any armor parties we might organize--west siders, where'd you go? Hoping like all get out to get my kit built before the 3/12 Griffins game troop! :D
Jayson is coming to my place in Muskegon on 02/13/16 to work on his. Anyone willing to come to Muskegon is welcome to join us.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Since Rentailor and Ripcode have now talked about hosting armor parties in different areas of the state, I'm gonna start new threads in this forum for some of the larger metro areas of the state in which we have known troopers getting Anovos kits. This way, all the non-members and members getting their armor can find each other and plan amongst themselves the details of armor parties.....dates, times, locations, etc. At each armor party, hopefully at least one existing Stormtrooper who has built a similar armor set can bring their costume and therefore give people a point of reference up close of what a built TK looks like.

There's only a few around the Lansing area, so we'll just talk amongst ourselves and get together. IF there ends up being more known around here, we'll start our own thread if needed.

I don't know if there's any in the Flint or Kalamazoo areas. Haven't heard anything from those locations, as far as incoming Anovos kits.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Not required, but some guys have been removing the mouth paint with rubbing alcohol:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=5738EACE

....and repainting more accurately:

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=57717094
TK471
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0471

Post by TK471 »

My three buckets...

https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... 9192_o.jpg

FX Left, new Anovos center, modded MRCE now sandtrooper on right.
I agree, the new helmet looks great, the hardhat liner is.. interesting. Crazy thing, I can actually wear my glasses in this bucket! Might not for long once I install fans, battery packs, and speaker/comm system.

Also, the area around the eyes, on the inside, maybe need a tiny bit of trimming?
"Slacker!" <-- it's true
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Great thread on redoing the helmet:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... t-rebuild/
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Tonight, Anovos released 300 more classic TK's for order. Same $650 price as they ended their first run at.
Zark
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 15255

Post by Zark »

Mr Fett wrote:Tonight, Anovos released 300 more classic TK's for order. Same $650 price as they ended their first run at.
Saw this.

Wish my taxes were in my account
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

Moving along--slowly but surely (?)

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

Been trying hard to make steady but unrushed progress on my ANOVOS kit. It's been slow going trying to fit this kit to my 6'4", 230 lb frame, but I'm praying it'll at least be serviceable. Anyway, here's a little in-progress shot for morale. :)
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

Alrighty, I guess my motivation finally kicked in. :wall:

I recently finished the rough trim on my TK and ordered my TK Boots. :thumbs: I have spent last night and this morning watching YouTube Videos on fitting and assembly. :hidepc:

OH MY GAWD these guys are BORING. :tired: Who told them that watching a guy run a belt sander for 20 plus minutes is interesting. :whatthe: Oh Well. :shrug:

I have watched enough to have a sense on how to start the assembly process. I may be hitting up Ain Plastics for some sheet ABS to cut my own shims. I am getting the feeling that the Anovos Shims maybe a bit small.
The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force

Old Rex - 99% (never be truely done)
Commando Rex - 75%
Anovos Classic TK - 66.59%