Blaster Building

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
ProfessorNerdly

Blaster Building

Post by ProfessorNerdly »

So...I have been toying with the idea of what costume I wanted to be my first build, but after getting "The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary" I am feeling somehow inspired to maybe try my hand at some blaster building. However, I am a complete novice in that regard.

I am curious if anyone in the GLG is building any gear like that and if there are any good resources for how to get started. I am fairly handy, but I am just not even sure how to get started.

I still plan to do a costume soon, but this just caught my eye for some reason.

thanks
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Blaster Building

Post by DeafTrooper »

Only person that I know of who has TFA weapons is Flash, who has both the stormtrooper blaster and the riot trooper baton, or whatever the thing is called. :lol:
CT/ID-7859
ProfessorNerdly

I should be clear, the person doesn't need to be versed in TFA weapons, that was just the inspiration. I would take tips from anyone that is building weapons.
Proto
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Proto »

DeafTrooper wrote:Only person that I know of who has TFA weapons is Flash, who has both the stormtrooper blaster and the riot trooper baton, or whatever the thing is called. :lol:
it's called a "Collapsable Traitor Beating Stick" or something like that :wink:
The Force is with me, and I am one with the Force

Old Rex - 99% (never be truely done)
Commando Rex - 75%
Anovos Classic TK - 66.59%
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Proto wrote:
DeafTrooper wrote:Only person that I know of who has TFA weapons is Flash, who has both the stormtrooper blaster and the riot trooper baton, or whatever the thing is called. :lol:
it's called a "Collapsable Traitor Beating Stick" or something like that :wink:
:rotflmao:
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

ProfessorNerdly wrote:I should be clear, the person doesn't need to be versed in TFA weapons, that was just the inspiration. I would take tips from anyone that is building weapons.
Oh, ok. I made my own DC-15S clone blaster using blueprints and some great help/ advice from a couple people. I even put the electronics from one of the toy guns in it too.
CT/ID-7859
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

I consider myself a novice. I dont build from scratch. I rely on the experts to put kits together and/or 3D print for me. Until I get a printer anyways.

One thing I learned over the years (specifically building my first set of armor) is if you can read, follow directions and weed out all the nonsense on the different forums you can build just about anything within reason.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
ProfessorNerdly

Thanks! I very much appreciate the info!

Any suggestions on resources for blueprints? I have a bunch of visuals of the stuff but am TERRIBLE at scale....at least without at least one reference measurement....
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

Maybe the 405 website can help you there. I haven't checked it's Star Wars section much but a blaster might be there. Here's the link http://www.405th.com/. It's basically the 501st legion but for halo. So on the Main page go to costumes and props, and click Non-halo costumes and props. Then look for what you want. Hope that helps, I'm not sure what they have...I haven't been there since I finished a master chief costume.

Sorry got it wrong. Go to "file Archive" in the main tap and click Star Wars in the non halo section
When I'm through with that Jedi, he's gonna need a Medic
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

We had the DC-15 blueprints on CTN and I was able to save them to my computer before the link went bad (again).
CT/ID-7859