GRAND RAPIDS metro area TK armor party

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: GRAND RAPIDS metro area TK armor party

Post by Mr Fett »

Cool !
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

MASSIVE thanks to Ripcode and Kelly for letting us invade their space and for their expertise, and also to Rockstar Chris for lending your expertise and hard labor. Now I just need to find a way to become 6 inches shorter--too bad we can't troop wearing only forearms and TDs. :-P
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
RADARC
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 92012

Post by RADARC »

Huge thanks to Ripcode for hosting us as well as giving out expertise, advice, and a couple of door prizes! Also a big thanks to Rockstar for providing expertise and manual labor. Now I know what to do and feel like I could put the rest of it together by myself if I had to. Great time!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

JAYSONCOMGUY, BaldLeprechaun, RADARC

If one of you want to host at your place, it would be a good idea to do it soon and keep the momentum going.

Depending on date, I might be able to make it out.
yooper419
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 30144

Post by yooper419 »

Hi, everyone! Just got this on Saturday afternoon. So, I couldn't make the last armor party. But, I'm ready for the next one whenever it gets scheduled!
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 46809

Post by Leprechaun »

I would love to host, but I have no room to host... I would say to do it outside, but it is still winter...
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

How is everyone doing?

I get regular updates from JAYSONCOMGUY. He is ripping along and that is with him having to do mods for his height. :)
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

When is the next party?
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Leprechaun »

I've kind of stalled out. Not stopped... just stalled. Hopefully I can pick up again soon... (especially if there is someone that has room to host a party)
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

BaldLeprechaun wrote:I've kind of stalled out. Not stopped... just stalled. Hopefully I can pick up again soon... (especially if there is someone that has room to host a party)
My kitchen table has been occupied territory for weeks now. Empire expanded to my parents' living room as well, and set up a base last Sunday. Relentless as all get out, they won't leave until they deplete their hosts of all sleep, sanity, and Funyuns. :)
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
yooper419
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 30144

Post by yooper419 »

I'd really like another party. I missed the last one because my kit hadn't yet arrived. And I WANT to get started. But, I'd rather not start without at least SOME guidance beforehand. So, if someone is willing to host and help, I'll be there!
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Leprechaun »

I will gladly pay in pizza or cupcakes (Guinness dark chocolate with Jameson frosting... Or dessert of your choice)... (or both) if someone could host again. It is very hard to work on this with a toddler in the house. *nudge nudge* anyone at all? Especially since working outside just isn't an option.
RADARC
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 92012

Post by RADARC »

It's been slow work for me as well. The 'toddler' thing, x2. I might be able to convince the wife to let me host one, but we'll have to see.
chipperwiseman

Post by chipperwiseman »

I will start begging. I will cook, cater, etc. To anyone hosting a party.

We have a toddler, I am pregnant, we have no warm garage and no basement that can be worked in.... There is no safe place to work on armor... hopefully next week it will warm up again outside.....

But we need help. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please. We need knowledge and space.

Would love for hubby to have this done for Whitecaps may 4th night. ...

Thank you. :-)
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

While everyone else is waiting for another armor party, Jayson has actually been working on his armor.

A few things to finish and a couple of tweaks, he is VERY close to being done.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

:bucketsoff:
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Leprechaun »

Lookin good Jason. Now if this 60+ degree weather can show up any day now, I may be able to start working outside on my armor... Toddler + tools + enclosed spaces = nope.
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

BaldLeprechaun wrote:Lookin good Jason. Now if this 60+ degree weather can show up any day now, I may be able to start working outside on my armor... Toddler + tools + enclosed spaces = nope.
I have to admit I had a LOT of help from my dad, his know-how with tools, and the tools themselves. You really need a second pair of hands to help hold and position some of these pieces. And DEFINITELY get help when you start applying the strapping, etc. One of you holds the piece in place, the other applies the Velcro, etc. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ignore the U-M suspenders--those were just placeholders until I could go find some all-black ones. :-P
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

JAYSONCOMGUY wrote:
BaldLeprechaun wrote:Lookin good Jason. Now if this 60+ degree weather can show up any day now, I may be able to start working outside on my armor... Toddler + tools + enclosed spaces = nope.
I have to admit I had a LOT of help from my dad, his know-how with tools, and the tools themselves. You really need a second pair of hands to help hold and position some of these pieces. And DEFINITELY get help when you start applying the strapping, etc. One of you holds the piece in place, the other applies the Velcro, etc. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ignore the U-M suspenders--those were just placeholders until I could go find some all-black ones. :-P

I think the U-M suspenders are the best part! ^_^
airbornetim

Post by airbornetim »

so i live a few hours away but i would like to attend if anyone is doing anything this weekend or next please let me know would like to see a good place to start and where to order