GRAND RAPIDS metro area TK armor party

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
airbornetim

Re: GRAND RAPIDS metro area TK armor party

Post by airbornetim »

also i have room for people to come and do a build in my area if your willing to travel have a large space available her in gladwin heated and a large table and two large counter spaces just have to know a week before and have to make sure the place is clean up
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

http://www.greatlakesgarrison.com/forum ... 76&t=15077

And Jayson is now official! :mrgreen:

2nd GLG Anovos TK!
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 46809

Post by Leprechaun »

Woohoo! Go JASON!!!! Uber congrats... I am now :mrgreen: with a bit of envy. But I will get there!
JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

Many mahalos! I'm super excited to get trooping. It took a village. Special thanks to Ripcode, Brent, Donavon, and all the troopers helping troopers. Can't wait to return the love. :)
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Leprechaun »

Finally got a very small area in the garage... Pulled out the space heater and started sanding again. Thigh and son pieces are sanded. Torso parts tomorrow... At least staying them... Then... The fitting begins.
yooper419
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 30144

Post by yooper419 »

It's coming along! Just a few more things (belt, detonator), then I can start strapping it together! Thanks to everyone who's helped me. It's be a fun process. Also, now that it's warmed up, I'll be happy to host a party in my garage. Easily big enough for several people to get some work done. If anyone is interested, let me know and we can start looking at dates!

-Nick

Last edited by yooper419 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Leprechaun »

Sanding finished. Napping with my son next, then going to start gluing the thighs and shins... Then... Strapping. Woot! :cheers:
Leprechaun
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Leprechaun »

Slight hiccup... My strapping is currently MIA. I opened it to get the neck seal out and no idea what I did with it after that... Let the insanity searching begin!
yooper419
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 30144

Post by yooper419 »

Nearly there...

Again, my offer of hosting an armor party still stands. I'm in the Grandville area and the weather is going to be BEAUTIFUL in a week or so. Is anyone interested?

JAYSONCOMGUY
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 41700

Post by JAYSONCOMGUY »

Nick, that magma is coming along beautifully! I'd be down for an armor get-together, but I'm not sure I'll have the free time between now and when I jet to the U.K. in two weeks (to teach overseas for a month). All the same, keep me posted and if I'm free, I'd love to jam in. I'll be the one continuing to sand sharp edges off my own armor--bleh.
Jayson Dibble
TK-41700
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

Are all the Grand Rapids ones all set? I need to get going on mine now.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

squadleader wrote:Are all the Grand Rapids ones all set? I need to get going on mine now.
Plan one, and troopers will show up. :thumbs:
oldscool
Garrison Membership Liaison
Garrison Membership Liaison
Legion ID: 3849

Post by oldscool »

I'd bring mine to work on
Craig Hobbs
TK-TK-TS-DZ-3849
Agent Ryker

Post by Agent Ryker »

Hello Everyone, I'm very new to making any armor and I am looking to join the 501st. I talked with Ripcode and Kevin W and I will be ordering parts for a season 4-6 Captain Rex armor set. I am not sure when everything will arrive but when it does I will need a ton of help. I really don't have to much cash to spare as I am a college student but I wanted to make this investment in making a costume. I am afraid of making a mistake and having to spend a ton of money to try and replace parts so I would love it if I could get help with assembly. I know that this is a GR TK armor party but could someone who wants to make a clone armor set come as well? I will be in East Lansing and in Whitehall, MI in for the next 2 months as I am going back and forth between the 2 for work. I will be heading through GR often which is why I am asking if I can stop by and get some help. I can also try to help anyone that wants help with their armor. I may not know how to do much but if you show me something to do I can do it, I am a fairly fast hand on learner. Thanks!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Agent Ryker wrote:Hello Everyone, I'm very new to making any armor and I am looking to join the 501st. I talked with Ripcode and Kevin W and I will be ordering parts for a season 4-6 Captain Rex armor set. I am not sure when everything will arrive but when it does I will need a ton of help. I really don't have to much cash to spare as I am a college student but I wanted to make this investment in making a costume. I am afraid of making a mistake and having to spend a ton of money to try and replace parts so I would love it if I could get help with assembly. I know that this is a GR TK armor party but could someone who wants to make a clone armor set come as well? I will be in East Lansing and in Whitehall, MI in for the next 2 months as I am going back and forth between the 2 for work. I will be heading through GR often which is why I am asking if I can stop by and get some help. I can also try to help anyone that wants help with their armor. I may not know how to do much but if you show me something to do I can do it, I am a fairly fast hand on learner. Thanks!
The animated clone stuff goes together very easily and quickly! I "may" be able to squeeze in time for that. Check with me, after you have received your kit.
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

OK, I would like to plan one. But I need help with adding plastic not trimming. With the chest armor, legs, arms. So it's not as easy as just trimming. So need some more advanced help from the bigger troopers.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

Zarlon
Base Web Liaison
Base Web Liaison
Legion ID: 26113

Post by Zarlon »

squadleader wrote:OK, I would like to plan one. But I need help with adding plastic not trimming. With the chest armor, legs, arms. So it's not as easy as just trimming. So need some more advanced help from the bigger troopers.

I used a plastic welding technique to add the shims to my TK kidney plate. Here is a link to the thread where I explained how I did it. Maybe this will help you a bit?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... /?p=406062
Zarlon
Kyle Fisher
TK/TI/ID 26113