Belt, Knee Ammo, Shoulder Bars

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
yooper419
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 30144

Belt, Knee Ammo, Shoulder Bars

Post by yooper419 »

Hi, everyone.

I'm making great progress on my first build. However, my belt (plastic), knee ammo and shoulder bars are all very stiff. When I try to bend them around my waist, knee and shoulders... they tend to want to fold in the middle, feeling as though they are about to snap. I've been told to boil the shoulder bars. Easy enough, they're small. But, what do I do with the knee ammo and belt?

Thanks for any advice!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Belt, Knee Ammo, Shoulder Bars

Post by Mr Fett »

You can either heatgun them a little bit to be able to bend them into position, or honestly most guys will leave them.....The ammo belt face gets riveted to the canvas belt. When you put the belt on, the plastic belt face just rolls around your body with it. For the knee ammo pack thing, once you have it lined up where you need it, you rivet one side in place, and then bend it into position on the other side and putting the last rivet in place holds it down. Many guys also will run a little E6000 under the center point of the thigh plate to hold the knee boxes in position, too.