Looking for assistance (TK build)

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
SublimeBW

Looking for assistance (TK build)

Post by SublimeBW »

Hey gang,

I was curious as to if there is anyone who might be willing to meet with me to show me some of the basics for making my first cuts on my ANK Stunt TK suit. I already dorked up the ears on my helmet (I have a replacement pair) so I am in overly paranoid for making any real progress on my kit and feel that having the assistance (even if only for a piece or two) will do a lot of qualm my fears of screwing up again.

Basic information
  • Located in Ypsilanti Township but I willing to travel if that is easier
  • Kit is Armor Master 4.5 from Dave's Darkside Depot
  • I believe I have all the equipment/materials to do some of the less intricate pieces
  • I am a M-F worker and am free most days after 4 PM and am free on most weekends
The Snake
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 87666

Re: Looking for assistance (TK build)

Post by The Snake »

Welcome! :cheers:

I'm nowhere near Ypsilanti but I'd be more than happy to help out over pictures and text! :P Any questions, feel free to post them. I built the same suit you've got years ago. It's not as scary as you think!
Dirty Rotten Imperial Punk | TK-87666
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

There are also videos on YouTube that you can check out.
CT/ID-7859
SublimeBW

Post by SublimeBW »

Thanks for the offer, The Snake! I will likely get back on the research wagon and reach out when I get ready to move forward.

DeafTrooper, are the videos relatively universal (meaning regardless of kit origin) and is there a particular video/series that you recommend? The vendor has a few quick tip videos but nothing for full builds.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

SublimeBW wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:55 am DeafTrooper, are the videos relatively universal (meaning regardless of kit origin) and is there a particular video/series that you recommend? The vendor has a few quick tip videos but nothing for full builds.
Not sure. Never built a TK before. Have just seen people's posts linking the video through the years.
CT/ID-7859
The Snake
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 87666

Post by The Snake »

Videos or no, you can find literally every single bit of information and step by step on the FISD detachment forum over at whitearmor.net.
Dirty Rotten Imperial Punk | TK-87666
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."