Rome's Sandtrooper Build

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: Rome's Sandtrooper Build

Post by Crimson »

Frame v1.5 almost complete.

v1.0

The lights are falling off of the T-bit and the crossbar itself fell free from the vertical pole. The only thing that kept it from spinning like a rotor was the wiring inside.

With persistent use of a length of solder and a long zip-tie as a makeshift gopher-pole, I threaded the wiring for the spotlights through the PVC. Was rather proud of myself for that one, and also for using my network wiring experience from work on a smaller scale :)

Did the same on the radar dish side, and assembled:

I added the blinking LED to the antenna portion of the radar dish and connected that to port 2 of my bay bus. I Have to add a little cover to the top of the top box to hide the hole that used to be for the T-bit, and I'm also waiting on some Imperial cog decals to add to the back and to the dish itself. And I have to replace the mount point for the ammo pouch, and put the straps back together, but otherwise, it should be troopable by Saturday.