Clone Trooper Build the 327th

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Rimshot
Legion ID: 8135

Clone Trooper Build the 327th

Post by Rimshot »

Well, I suppose I can officially start up a build thread and going for the 327th. The reason for the thread, I received a large box of OSCS armor yesterday :D

Already started trimming, have the bells, hands, cod, one elbow and one bicep. Also, I think I'm probably going to start priming the bucket this weekend as well.
'Rimshot' :D
327th Clone Done and Aproved!
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Re: Clone Trooper Build the 327th

Post by Lumpy »

Have fun and remember- it's a marathon, not a sprint!! :thumbs:
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

If you need any help, just yell :thumbs:
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Awesome. I remember how excited I was when I first got my box of plastic in the mail. Good luck and I am eagerly anticipating the photos of the build.
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Mowskwoz wrote:Awesome. I remember how excited I was when I first got my box of plastic in the mail. Good luck and I am eagerly anticipating the photos of the build.
+1 :D
Harp
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6734

Post by Harp »

Yippee! Another mustard packet for the junk drawer!!!! :rotflmao:

All joking aside, that's awesome news and i'm looking forward to the progress pics!
Biker Scout = Complete
327th Star Corps Clone Trooper = Retired
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

Well, I've got an update. Finished with the initial trimming here and laid out the armor for a couple of pics.
LongShot

Post by LongShot »

Any updates to be had? OSCS stuff is just sooooooooooooooooo nice! I am working on an Atin 501st clone myself. I would really love to see how it's going for you (mine is progressing slower than the Sarlacc's last meal :lol: ). Later Ner Vod!
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

Yeh, I've been really putting this off here but I do have some progress to state.

Bucket: Re-patched a spot on the cheek, needs to be re-primed and it should be golden.

Armor: With help from Wags, all pieces have been trimmed down to the point where they're ready for fitting. Only piece that's set to sand and prime are the bells.

Misc stuff:
Pistols have been sanded, ready to attach the round but thingies (not sure what to call em)
Holsters have been trimmed, glued together and hit with bondo. Have to re-hit some spots though(hard to work with bondo in ze cold...)

So that's more or less where it stands at the moment. Still need to get a belt, pauldron, kama, knee pads(for the knees), gloves and a butload of magnets to help make things work.

Hopefully, with this next week off I'll be able to grind out some more and have some solid gains.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Do a Google search for "rare earth magnets". LOTS of places where you can get any size you need.
Keep up the good work!! :thumbs:
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

CBlack wrote:Do a Google search for "rare earth magnets". LOTS of places where you can get any size you need.
Keep up the good work!! :thumbs:

ebay is the place. lots & cheap :mrgreen:
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

KJ Magnetics.... They sell on ebay and on their site. Awesome REM.
"And if your war is so noble, so necessary - why aren't you fighting it for yourself?" - Jaster Mereel
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

<<Slacker Progress>>
Well, I'm a horrible procrastinator here...moved out of the 'rent's house and such so haven't had much time to devote to my build. Plus, can't really do the hard work here at the apartment.

Still, I'm been wanting to start this back so here I am again. Got started on my shoes, got the vinyl somewhat glued on...It'll need a lot more work though... I'll have some pics once I have some new batteries in my camera.

That is all for now...hopefully I'll have a belt and compad here shortly.
LongShot

Post by LongShot »

Just stay with it and ask for advice and assistance when you need it! Don't beat yourself up...I would be absolutely nowhere with my clone build if it wasn't for all the help everyone made available to me :D Stay in touch on the boards and just get to know everyone when you can (plug here for NCS'ing at events). When everybody knows where you're at with your build and they know you personally (plug here for NCS'ing at events) the help (or places and times when people who know what to do are getting together) just happens more naturally. :thumbs:
Wags
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Hey Pete,

No worries man. Slow and steady. Take your time with it. Plug away when you can sir :thumbs: Oh, on a side note, I will no longer try and steal your bucket. I got me a EPII JM :cheers:
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

Thanks for all the support here it means a lot :).
Aiming to have some concrete progress here to post soonish.
Need to play around a little more with the shoes here and will need some constructive criticism.
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

Okay, finally took some pics here. Any criticism would be much appreciated. I haven't gotten the top 'armor' cut and attached yet, and also could use some advice on how to secure that and keep the shoes tight. I bought some elastic but lack inspiration on how to rig it up.

Also, I am aware that the bottom parts need to be trimmed but don't have a good knife to do so on hand.
Pesci
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Pesci »

LongShot wrote:Just stay with it and ask for advice and assistance when you need it! Don't beat yourself up...I would be absolutely nowhere with my clone build if it wasn't for all the help everyone made available to me :D Stay in touch on the boards and just get to know everyone when you can (plug here for NCS'ing at events). When everybody knows where you're at with your build and they know you personally (plug here for NCS'ing at events) the help (or places and times when people who know what to do are getting together) just happens more naturally. :thumbs:
YEAH.....what he said!! So........you done yet!? :D I relish any opportunity that I can to help so just post when you're ready for assistance when you get stuck, or frustrated. Give someone a shout, we're all here to do everything we can to assist you. :thumbs:
Pesci
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper"!? - "YES, but NOT a Bikerscout"!!
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

Thanks for all the supportive comments. :)
Okay redid the sides of the shoes so they line up better. Did a temp mockup of the top 'armor' as well. shown above.
Also have some gloves that i've attached magnets to...no pics though...

Hopefully, this weekend I'll start to set up the bracers/biceps this next weekend.
Rimshot

Post by Rimshot »

If slow and steady wins the race...
Regardless, I think I've made some decent progress finally in the shoes/boots department. Don't have any velcro attached yet or the straps as of yet. Pictures below:
Any criticism would be much appreciated. I'm not 100% sold on the rectangles just yet, not sure if they look right.