A Question For All The Clones...

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Lou3433
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3433

A Question For All The Clones...

Post by Lou3433 »

Do any of you guys have an OSCS bucket and if so which way did you cut it? Ring off, face off, back off or something else. Thanks for any input. :thumbs:
Lou Rodriquez
Gator Fett
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 8875

Re: A Question For All The Clones...

Post by Gator Fett »

Lou, I have a MR, so I can't give you a first hand answer.

However, if I did get an OSCS, I would do the face off.
Freak Nasty Fester
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2125

Post by Freak Nasty Fester »

Tonka might be a good person to ask as I believe he has a face off OSCS.
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Freak Nasty Fester wrote:Tonka might be a good person to ask as I believe he has a face off OSCS.
Yes, he has the face off. If you have a thick neck, as do I , this would be a tough route to go. I have a 19inch neck and it is tight. ( I tried on Tonka's... :oops: ) But I agree with FNF, get in touch with him!!
Pesci
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Pesci »

Lou,
However, not a clone, something to consider - Tonka's OSCS bucket used magnets to hold his face plate on. During one of the car races at AJ's his face plate flew off on one of the corners. I can't remember if it was due to the velocity of an object in motion (inertia) or if by chance he accidentally bumped it off while the car was absorbing the road hazards and tight corners. I do remember that the face plate did take a hard impact on the ground before skidding about 30 feet on the hard concrete track. To all of our amazement, the face plate suffered very little damage. For this fact alone I was impressed with it's construction and durability. However, it might be a good idea as others have suggested to contact him direct. His armor and bucket in, did look......."PHENOMINAL"!! :thumbs:

Can't wait to see the progress! :D

Pesci
Pesci
"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper"!? - "YES, but NOT a Bikerscout"!!
LongShot

Post by LongShot »

I have one and opted for the ring off...I need to sand it a little better though. Last night I tried it on and scraped a piece of my big nose off :oops:
Last edited by LongShot on Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lou3433
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3433

Post by Lou3433 »

My Oscs should come any day now :D I think I'm going to go with the back off method, but I won't know for sure until I get it in my hands.
Lou Rodriquez
Blizz
Legion ID: 8192

Post by Blizz »

I would do the neck ring thing, I have heard lots of problems with the face off method.
BLIZZ
TI-8192 (100%)
TC-8192 (Retired - For Now)
501st / Great Lakes Garrison / Jolly Rogers
"We Fly - You DIE!"
Nik-Lass

Post by Nik-Lass »

Pesci wrote:Lou,
However, not a clone, something to consider - Tonka's OSCS bucket used magnets to hold his face plate on. During one of the car races at AJ's his face plate flew off on one of the corners. I can't remember if it was due to the velocity of an object in motion (inertia) or if by chance he accidentally bumped it off while the car was absorbing the road hazards and tight corners. I do remember that the face plate did take a hard impact on the ground before skidding about 30 feet on the hard concrete track. To all of our amazement, the face plate suffered very little damage. For this fact alone I was impressed with it's construction and durability. However, it might be a good idea as others have suggested to contact him direct. His armor and bucket in, did look......."PHENOMINAL"!! :thumbs:

Can't wait to see the progress! :D

Pesci
I believe that Tonka said that his "faceoff" issue was due to his chestplate bumping it during a corner on the go-cart track. If I am wrong I sincerely apologize.
It's always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Nik-Lass wrote:I believe that Tonka said that his "faceoff" issue was due to his chestplate bumping it during a corner on the go-cart track.
Correct. :D