Christmas Break help

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Christmas Break help

Post by Zachg56 »

I am wondering if anyone is available in the week after Christmas, those 3-4 days between Christmas and New Years, that is willing to help me work on the last few things on my armor before I head out to Japan... Essentially what needs to be done is trimming/refitting the chest/back piece putting the holster in, as well as fixing up the voice system in the helmet.

If so, give me a private message or something so I know

OH and have a Merry Christmas everyone
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Re: Christmas Break help

Post by Kal »

If ya got a drem, all you need is a miror and the trimming you could get done in a few hours, maybe less if it is just the chest and back. The speakers could wait till you get back. A lot of troopers do not even have them in the buckets.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

Lansing and GR aren't exactly neighbors, but I got some of the local mando's here in GR like as wouldn't mind helpin if you want to run out.
"And if your war is so noble, so necessary - why aren't you fighting it for yourself?" - Jaster Mereel
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

jhart06 wrote:Lansing and GR aren't exactly neighbors, but I got some of the local mando's here in GR like as wouldn't mind helpin if you want to run out.
Neither is Detroit an GR, but yeah, I'd wouldn't mind doing a cross state run
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

Zachg56 wrote:
jhart06 wrote:Lansing and GR aren't exactly neighbors, but I got some of the local mando's here in GR like as wouldn't mind helpin if you want to run out.
YEah... I'm a liiiiitle new to the state, and as Rob can tell you, I have no geographical sense of location... Kentucky, you have like... 3 cities people live in or near... the rest is farms... lol..
"And if your war is so noble, so necessary - why aren't you fighting it for yourself?" - Jaster Mereel
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

when you say GR...you mean Grand Rapids...right?
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

Grand Rapids/Kentwood, yup.
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

yeah...I'd be willing to do it...just give me a time and a place.....
talladam13

Post by talladam13 »

jhart06 wrote:
Zachg56 wrote:
YEah... I'm a liiiiitle new to the state, and as Rob can tell you, I have no geographical sense of location... Kentucky, you have like... 3 cities people live in or near... the rest is farms... lol..
Though I'm from MI, I spent the last year down in Ashland, KY (near where WV, OH, and KY meet). The heart (or a-hole depending on your point of view) of Appalachia.
talladam13

Post by talladam13 »

If you come over to GR, let me know too. I'll help as much as my work schedule will allow.
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

talladam13 wrote:If you come over to GR, let me know too. I'll help as much as my work schedule will allow.

give me a time and a place as long as it is in before new years day and after Christmas
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

I'ma have to bow out right now... The wife is having complications from the pregnancy, so I have to pretty much be homebound as much as possible to try and take care of her.
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

jhart06 wrote:I'ma have to bow out right now... The wife is having complications from the pregnancy, so I have to pretty much be homebound as much as possible to try and take care of her.
stay home with your wife...that is waaaaaayyyy more important than my armor
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

Yeah, if I didn't, I have a feeling the look I would get would kill me from 20 paces! :rotflmao:
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

yeah....wait...you sure it isn't 20 miles?

well...if possible.....could youu please make sure to tell the other guys (the mando's) I'm still willing to make the trip to get this all done and over with with them....while you get to stay behind with the wife for VERY good reasons...

OH and Merry Christmas
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

I'll give Triker a holler, the wife may actually be booting me out of the house on Thursday or so, if that happens, i'll give you a shout and let you know... If not, I can always pass along contact info.. The man has a dentist drill that fits dremel attachments... This thing drilled through a solid resin DE-10 like it was butter :D
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

Wow.....I want that drill/dremel
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

It will also bore through flesh, or tables... :twisted:

All he uses is a boring bit... Haven't needed a cutting wheel yet :D

He was incommunicado today, will send out a comm again tomorrow.
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

heheheh....alrighty then
jhart06

Post by jhart06 »

Got a hold of him, he's going to see what his availability is.. My work canceled my shift early today, but they refuse to give me more than 1-2 hours notice, so no idea if any of us are free... With wives during the holidays, considering we both have multiple costumes going, we sorta have to make up for lost time and play nice. :wink: