The "Salsa" is Done!!! ---> CT-3411

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Re: Jackie's Thire Build a.k.a. "Making Salsa"

Post by Ripcode »

Harp wrote:
Wags wrote:$12 dollars a can, but I have spent about $50 in tulips paint already.
Should have put the $50 toward a new belt!!! Hindsight right?

Seriously the Sci-Fire belt is such a huge improvement! I'm looking foward to see how it holds this weekend for the Wal-Mart/Hasbro/Clone Wars event.
I can't wait to check out the Sci-Fire belt in person and I'm also very curious about the results of the SEM paint test.
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Ok, Updates.... The SEM paint holds well on Atins foam belt. Also, we have one thigh done and ready for paint and I finished Jackies Shorty Blaster.

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/t ... e%20Build/
Wags

Post by Wags »

Well doing some more reading, Thire as a commander will not pass. Although, Deviss only has 2 ref pix and I got approved, I will be doing a lot of resource info to get it passed. I can find 2 pix so far, so we will see. :roll:
Wags

Post by Wags »

Well after talking to Rip, his advice is to do a shock trooper instead of Thire. And, he hasent steared me wrong so far. Just have to repaint the belt and add a buttplate, which will take some reading cause I havent attached one of those yet. Soooo we will see.

It might acutally speed up the process a litte bit. There will be no progress tonight. Yoda and I are going to be playing Soul Calibur 4!!! So tomorrow will be the work time...

I did get here shorty done. Just need some weathering and it all done!!

Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3411

Post by Mama_Wags »

I see where I rate...behind Soul Caliber...that's cool... :wink:

Jackie
Yoda Jenkins
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 4014

Post by Yoda Jenkins »

You're behind beer too. Just FYI. :P
Y.J.
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Well, we got a little bit of work done before Tony left me for the weekend. Thighs are fit and we started working on the butt plate. Since the plans have changed to a Shocktrooper rather than the commander, looks like a repaint of the belt is now in order. That will be completed this week.

Found an old Halloween costume (back in the day before kids and I was brave enough to wear something form fitting)...Tony & I went as Batman and Catwoman. The catsuit works really well for under my armor except the neckline is a little um...low. I don't think clones should have cleavage. :blink: I took a black turtleneck and made it into a dickie that seems to be working quite well for now. Underarmor will be a future purchase.

I'd LOVE to troop in my clone by the time the movie premieres....looks like it's off to the garage! :thumbs:

Here's some pics of the newly fitted thighs.

Tony's in the garage so I'm off to crack the whip! :wink:

Jackie
Ducktrooper
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3771

Post by Ducktrooper »

Lookin good! I just did an armor party here in CA .It was just clones ,like 8 or 9 suits being done at once. I worked on 5 ( I think) of the resin helmets. You guys are doing a great job on yours. I think I'm going to have to go clone soon.
David "Ducktrooper "TK-3771
FISD
Member of the Kilted Trooper Brigade
Mt Clemens, MI.

From the Beyond
Wags

Post by Wags »

Ok no new pix but a lot of work today. I got her helmet all wired with fans, and the start of the new red paint on the belt, a lot of filling and sanding done. Her elbows are fit and ready to rock.

Its tough to fit parts to her cause she is so dam small!!!! Everything has to cut and cut and cut.... sheesh :blink:

The plan on wed is to get her chest/back fit and done, and after that, it should all be down hill....I hope....
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Haven't spent much time working on the clone over the last week. Tony was getting a little burned out so I gave him some time off. We did manage to get the thighs fit and finally trimmed to where they were comfortable. Knees are done now too. That was a challenge...never realized that I had such "nobby knees" before!

We also finished the ab/back piece and cod. Still working on the shins. I thought we'd be able to make them completely seamless...my hopes were high as I could flex my foot and easily slide them off and on when the tape was holding them together. Once they were glued I could slip it on but couldn't take it off easily. It digs into the top of my foot. Tony was a bit excited and kept pulling...darn near pulled off my foot! :mad: So, a bit more modifications are due for the shins to be 100%.

Shoes are well on their way. I need to get back outside and finish those up this week while Tony's at the clone wars. The belt is looking better too. I have no idea how many coats of paint he wound up putting on to cover the black paint but it's no longer looking pink which is a bonus.

Looking for the perfect gloves too. Small hands...

Still a lot to finish. No clone wars trooping for me this weekend. Maybe by the end of the month...

Jackie
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

So is he done yet??
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Nope! We kinda stalled out for a while - I think Tony was getting a little burned out. But now I'm ready to start up again. We have to try to figure out the butt plate. It's new territory for Tony since everything he's assembled so far has been either a commander or vader. If it can be cut down and still remain accurate we'll be good - if not, we may have to order another OSCS replacement part.

I start school again tomorrow night so my nights in the garage will be limited to the weekends for the next 6 weeks.

My new goal is to be ready by Thanksgiving! :thumbs:

Jackie
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Since I'm stuck in Chicago waiting for the next flight home to Detroit, I figured I'd do an update...

New butt plate has been ordered from OSCS! :thumbs: Hopefully this one will be a bit smaller and fit my frame better without having to chop it to pieces.

So, we'll definately have some new parts to work on at the armor party on the 13th. Hopefully we can pick up my gloves this weekend too. Just have to find some small enough to fit my hands.

Jackie
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Yipee! The new butt/kidney plate arrived in the mail yesterday from OSCS. It is 1000% better than the original in terms of fitting my hiney. :lol: Less trimming to do so it should be a breeze from this point on. We have some mods to do on what we've started already as my ab/cod was attached to the original kidney - so just a little work to do there to make the new parts fit in well.

We were bidding on some gloves on ebay too...not sure where that stands as I've been in bed sick for the last two days. Tony MADE me stay home from work yesterday and drug me to the doctor (i even got a shot!) But I'm up and feeling a little better. If only the congestion in my head would go away I'd be able to hear and breathe MUCH better. Oh, and if I could stop coughing up a lung every few minutes that would help as well. :wink: Doc put me off work until Monday so Tony's pampering me (yeah, right)...he spent the night in the man cave working on armor and he's trooping tonight. :P (Seriously though...he is taking good care of his sick little wife).

Anyway...back to the armor. I'm hoping to feel good enough to at least let him fit the parts today (while I cough) and hopefully we can get a lot of work done. Thinking about it, the legs are done and most of the arms...there's really not much left but a bunch of little things and then putting it all together! Hopefully we'll get some progress done this weekend! :thumbs:

Jackie
Atreydies79

Post by Atreydies79 »

jackiewags wrote:If only the congestion in my head would go away I'd be able to hear and breathe MUCH better.
Have you tried the wal-mart brand of 12 hr sudafed????? For me and my mom, that's the only thing that will help us when we get sinus infections and all congestion. The brand is equate and it's 12 hour Nasal Decongestant. It works wonders.
"I just bought some wee baby turtles and no-one knows to feed them." - Dr. Beckett
Mara Jade - still collecting bits and pieces.
Winter - Need wig
Imperial Knight - Researching
dirty tusken
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 9983

Post by dirty tusken »

haray!!! you have a new butt. haha! sounds awsome but we all some progress pics so chop chop missy. :D
WORD TO YOUR BANTHA!!!
worlds 1st and only tusken puck.
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

dirty tusken wrote:haray!!! you have a new butt. haha! sounds awsome but we all some progress pics so chop chop missy. :D
:blink:
YES SIR! I'm on my way out to the man cave right now. :wink:

Jackie
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Okay, here's the deal...

I'm on vacation until the 13th. My plan is to do a "clean sweep" of the house during the day and throw out a bunch of crap that we no longer need/use. At night...I will be in the man cave and my dear hubby WILL finish my costume! I think we have all the parts we need....just need to get it finished!! :thumbs:

Jackie
Wags

Post by Wags »

Ok, a little paint and some trimming done on her butt/kidney plate.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/t ... G_3395.jpg
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mama_Wags »

Tony did some more work last night while I was sleeping :D . Fixed my shoes as the Shoe Goo didn't hold well enough. A little CA did the trick! He also put the first coat of paint on my shins. Still working on exactly how to get them on (the spoon thing or some elastic in the right place...still thinking before the cuts are made). If only I was a little more flexible (or didn't have a heel :blink: ) I could slip them right on. Hopefully we can get some more progress done this weekend! :D

Almost forgot to put up the pics! http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/t ... e%20Build/

Jackie