Dar's Visas Marr

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
hathor_sg1x
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9886

Dar's Visas Marr

Post by hathor_sg1x »

Well after months of plotting....begging...baiting...I got her to do it! :twisted:

Right now this is just Make 1 of this outfit and I never want to work with this leather stuff again...I lost count today of how many times I've stabbed myself with pins while attempting to pin/sew.

I've still got a lot more work on here to do, but the mock trial we SHOULD have completed by Youmacon so she can join in with the Star Wars photoshoot I've run for the past three years.

I know the color is off on the 'nightgown' as we call it, but she might end up submitting this for Rebel Legion approval since Dar is unable to wear leather gloves without breaking out in a heat rash. I had to make a neck wrap for her for the leather isn't bothering her too much. :D

And here are just the progress pics of the few minor things.

Rodney McKay: *mumbeling around his food* You need to get out more.
Carson Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get?
provadan
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 5925

Re: Dar's Visas Marr

Post by provadan »

Nice work! Pretty girl!
hathor_sg1x
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9886

Post by hathor_sg1x »

She said thanks for the comment Dan! :thumbs:

Going to put the desgin on this weekend for her outfit. I got plenty of potatoes to use...Since they make nice stamps. The moment she comes back to my house though for another fitting I need to rip out some of the side seams and then make the slits. I went down to far this time. :x

note to self: Don't stab fingers again with pinning needles.
Rodney McKay: *mumbeling around his food* You need to get out more.
Carson Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get?
provadan
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 5925

Post by provadan »

Yeah! Pins equal pain! But that's how you know you worked hard! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Also, sponges work good for paint stamping, and they are easy to cut, wash off and re-use. I have also used make-up sponge material for paint application. It's not so course and very absorbent. With an exacto, you can cut it very nicely. A lady at Michael's referred me to it even though they did not sell it!