Jay-gon Jinn, what ya think

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Jay-gon Jinn, what ya think

Post by Kal »

I said in your post I also make sabers from time to time as well as MOD the FX sabers to led's. I wanted you to see a few of the ones I did. I did not want to junk up your topic with my pics, so I made my own post.

2 Vader style sabers. The top one is a Converted 3 cell Heiland flash tube the one under is a Sink pipe with Heiland flash tube parts. Both sabers were LED's

One more Vader (you can see who I like the most in Star wars :D ) This one is an old one, My first try at a Vader and its a EL. Yep Pre LED. This sucker had about 16feet of red EL wire inside it.

Half arse try at a EPS 3 Palpy style saber. Also was a EL saber. one of my first trys with EL wire. Also not too many pics of the saber up close were around at the time

Led MCCC prize sink pipe saber. basic shape/ design

2 more MCCC prizes 1st one is sink pipe saber the 2nd is a Converted MR Force FX Luke ROTJ saber (added blue cause I like it more :twisted: )

Converted MR FX ESB Vader saber (first Conversion I made)

I have some more pics around on my other PC, but most are just converted MR sabers. I used to sell the converted ones on ebay.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
hathor_sg1x
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9886

Re: Jay-gon Jinn, what ya think

Post by hathor_sg1x »

For a half arsed attempt Rob that PalPie(my nickname for Palpitine) saber looks great. :thumbs:
Rodney McKay: *mumbeling around his food* You need to get out more.
Carson Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get?
TD866
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0866

Post by TD866 »

Nice work Rob. :thumbs:
Jay-gon Jinn
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Jay-gon Jinn »

What do I think? I think they all loook great! Event the half arsed Palpy style one! Everybody starts some where! I have yet to actually do a conversion on an MR, though, the closest I've come, I guess is gutting an Anakin ROTS for it's electronics!

This one was my first attempt at an led saber:

Eventually I added some grips from TCSS to it:

I didn't really like how much diameter ithey added, though. Thewy came off later on, and now it has some sanded/etched grips added that I haven't gotten pictures of yet. I stated out without sound, then added an MR Vader soundboard, and changed the led to red:

I also recently added a recharge plug port:

So now it's totally recharge able:

I have a bunch of threads at TCSS and at FX-Sabers.com that show all of the other sabers I've built or you can just go to my photobucket album to see the rest:
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

I like the looks of that saber. I have one that I made from parts from TCSS to help build my Nihilus saber. I used to go to TCSS all the time. Heck, I was his first customer. The EL saber he has in the "How to build a EL saber" I bought from him the first day he opened his site. He also help me out on the cost of parts for the ones I gave away at MCCC. Tim is a great guy

I have yet to add sound to my Nihilus saber. I may just find a busted Yoad. and slide all the internalls right up the hilt of my saber. and only have to rework the blade and the on/off

But I have been to swamped with other stuff to do that. Hope by MCCC 09 to have sound in it
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%