TK armor quest!

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
swcrazyfan

TK armor quest!

Post by swcrazyfan »

I have been "working" on my TK armor for a few years now. But most of them has been actually spent waiting for a time when I can actually justify spending the few hundred bucks for the rest of the armor. Idk if any of you remember me, but me and my older brother used to come to a bunch of the armor parties a few years back. He and his friend worked on Royal Guard outfits; however, my brother made his more custom, so he hasn't been able to join yet. I am now planning on getting my costume done for Celebration V...FINALLY! lol

I have been a member here for a looonnngggg time; however, I haven't actually been on here for a while (it says two years o_O) Well, I'm finally working on completing my TK armor. I have the Bucket, boots, undersuit/neckseal, and I should be getting the armor within the next month from a friend a made a while back. I'm currently trying to get together all of the rest of the pieces.

Things on my list to get:
  • Voice amp
    Gloves
    E11 + Holster (prolly painted Hasbro. I found they're 17 bucks at target. Not to bad!)
    Random velcro, belt, and so on.
I am trying to find a decent amp for under or around no more than 30ish...of course I'll be upgrading later, but I'm a college student on a very tight budget lol. Does anyone know if either of these things are good? http://www.buy.com/prod/takstar-da-130- ... 87650.html or http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/audiopro ... room_teach

Thanks!

Also, my name is Josh if any of you remember me. :)
May the Force be with You,

Joshua
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: TK armor quest!

Post by Crimson »

Hey, Josh -- I was wondering what happened to you! :) And yes, I do remember you and your brother. Wow -- you're in college now. Holy crap, it's been that long already?

As for the amps, I'm not familiar with either of them, but like with all things we do, it'll all be a matter of experimenting and personal taste.

Which brand of armor are you getting?
swcrazyfan

Post by swcrazyfan »

I just want to make sure w/e amp I buy it will not be quiet or too big to put behind the chest armor or another location. However, I might take it out of its case and play around with positioning on the armor like that anyways.

I have 2 sources for around the same price for ABS or styrene of the FX armor. I already have a fiberglass reinforced ANH Stunt Helmet. The styrene source had been very nice to me in the past, and he is really easy to work with. However, the ABS source is around the same price, maybe a tid bit cheaper, and then I won't need to paint it as well. I'd just need to just cut the pieces out. What would you do?

Joshua
Medve
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1703

Post by Medve »

swcrazyfan wrote:I just want to make sure w/e amp I buy it will not be quiet or too big to put behind the chest armor or another location. However, I might take it out of its case and play around with positioning on the armor like that anyways.
Taking the amp out and fitting it in the armor is what I have set up in my TD, Vader and I am going have in my TA. It just takes a little patience. Let me know if you need some help. :D
Pants are evil and must be destroyed
http://www.facebook.com/ujvariart
swcrazyfan

Post by swcrazyfan »

Thanks! Btw, which amp do you have?

Joshua
Medve
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1703

Post by Medve »

2 of the old Radio Shack amps and one similar to the second link you have. (I forget the brand name! :oops: )
Pants are evil and must be destroyed
http://www.facebook.com/ujvariart