Tube stripe replacements/help

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Tube stripe replacements/help

Post by Zachg56 »

So I need to get take off the current tube stripes I have on my bucket in order to get rid of the white-out/(some white cover thingy I used).

Any ideas on who to contact to get a new set of tube stripes as well as ideas on how to get rid of the white-out strips?

Also what should I use to get rid of the helmet stripes that were originally there?

fine sand-paper then Brasso to bring back the shine?
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Re: Tube stripe replacements/help

Post by Flash »

I have never removed my tube stripes but I have removed vinyl from a car very easily by warming it up with a hair dryer. (assuming that yours are not painted on) But do not heat it up to much because you can screw up the abs.

This guy sells them.

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/tk4510_decals.html
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

As we already discussed, back at Youmacon, you need to:
1) Pull the transfer paper off the "newer' tube stripes that you put on. This should have been done after you put the "newer" stripes on. The transfer paper is only used to help you in the placement of the stripes and is not needed after they are applied to the helmet.

2)Use a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" (white sponge like thing found in the "cleaning supplies" area of any Target, Wal-Mart, etc... for about $1.50 for a 2 pack) to rub off the "newer' tube stripes, the white out and other stuff you used to cover the original stripes with.

3) Use the Magic Eraser to remove the original tube stripes by wetting the corner of the sponge and lightly rubbing it on the stripes until they are gone.

4) Polish the area with Novus polish, if needed, and apply a new set of stripes.

You can use TK4510 , like Flash posted up, or Scott M. on the FISD for a new set of tube stripes.

The Magic Eraser is a handy thing to have in your armor tote. You can use it to lightly rub off most scuffs and marks on your suit made from the paint off off your blaster, ab buttons and other things.
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Hyper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4408

Post by Hyper »

:blink:
Zachg56
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Zachg56 »

Yeah I sort of forgot about the stuff said at YoumaCon due to having projects and tests to study for right after I got back...

My bad.
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

Sometimes it helps to carry a notepad. I carry one for work so I don't forget to do things.