Which detachment would I fall into?

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
MC Rebo

Which detachment would I fall into?

Post by MC Rebo »

Its been forever since I started planning on joining the 501st, and I just started construction on an outfit this week, but I'm not sure where I fall, or if my costume is acceptable as I believe it falls under EU. The project at hand: Mandalore the Indomitable. Its one of those things where I'm pumped to work on a project like this, but I don't know if its acceptable by 501st CRLs. Can I ask for some advice on this?

Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Re: Which detachment would I fall into?

Post by Mowskwoz »

Which detachment? I'm leaning towards Flagship Eclipse (EU detachment). While he is Mandalorian, he's not necessarily a bounty hunter or mercenary. In reading up on him real quick(I had no clue who he was :oops: ), I see that he was a soldier/warrior/crusader that pledged his loyalty to the Sith after losing a duel.

As far as I know this character has not been approved with the legion yet. I suggest that you sign up on the Flagship Eclipse site (http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/) and check it out. They are the EU experts and will be able to help you along your costume build. Be sure to post up your progress and pictures (on their boards and ours) so we can all help with suggestions and feed back. That, and we all love a costume build thread. :wink:

Good Luck!
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Medve
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1703

Post by Medve »

Even if the costume is not approved by the 501st, do not let that discourage you from building a costume that you are passionate about! Ask Kal on these boards, he built and got approved the Legion's 1st Kal Skirata costume. He is also the head of the Mando Mercs, a Star Wars costuming club that focuses on (you guessed it) the Mandalorian Warriors. They have done several events with the 501st in Michigan and they are a quickly growing club.
As Mow said, check out the Eclipse Detachment boards, and don't hesitate to show your progress! :thumbs:
Pants are evil and must be destroyed
http://www.facebook.com/ujvariart
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?board=85.0

Yep, Humper was right. Check out the link. It is the mandalorian merc forums crusader/neo_crusader armor forums. The type of costme the one you posted falls into merc wise. Keep in mind, this costme is not an off the shelf armor buy. You would need to scratch build pretty much every thing.

Take a look at my link, should be able to find some help there on the build.
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
MC Rebo

Post by MC Rebo »

Thanks, I've just started posting on the Eclipse boards, hopefully I'll see some feedback soon. In the meantime, I'd like to show you my progress thus far. Everything you see here I did from scratch, from the design to all of the toolwork. Note that this is still raw and has yet to be dyed.

Feedback is highly encouraged.
Attachments
Main mask with center headpiece
Main mask with center headpiece
Indomitable 3.jpg (39.56 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Center headpiece
Center headpiece
Indomitable 2.jpg (23.06 KiB) Viewed 9142 times
Main mask
Main mask
Indomitable 1.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 9118 times
Keanu
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 7088

Post by Keanu »

Pretty slick looking there; if I'm not mistaken is that the one from the tales of the jedi series? Or is it knights?
MC Rebo

Post by MC Rebo »

Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War.

Great story, and there's just so much that I want to do from that era. Also Exar Kun one of these days.